Wednesday, February 13, 2008

OKAY....

I sometimes wonder...
Why do I spend SO much time blogging?
Why do I get so frustrated when I don't get time to scrapbook?
Today I found this quote by Cathy Zielske(author of Clean & Simple Scrapbooking) on my mom's fridge.
Live your life FIRST.
Scrapbook second.
Or third.
Or fourth.
Don't be so focused on super huge things
that you overlook all the amazing little things.
Photos are nice.
Stories are better.
Don't try to re-invent the wheel every time.
Just rotate the tires and enjoy the ride.
Creat for yourself.
The rest will follow.
Keep pages on your table.
Make no apologies for being YOU.
Focus on the COULDS, not the SHOULDS.
Remember the value of what you are doing.
Play with paper.
Play with glue.
Be blissfully behind.
Enjoy the process.
YOU ARE A SCRAPBOOKER!
It's all good.
Just needed a little remember that it's okay to not get things done. I'm spending more time with my child & my hubby. And I'm loving every minute of it. I just need to enjoy it now and when I have the EXTRA time... then I'll get around to my scrappin'. May we all spend a little more time with the NOWS and not the THENS.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hear ya! I'm so far behind on Ashley and Bryce's albums but I keep telling myself someday. I just make sure I keep taking the pictures. I can't go back and make the memories but I can always go back and scrapbook them. If you ever want to get together for a Late Niter before you leave let me know. Happy Thursday/Valentine's Day ♥

ForeverSarahLee said...

I know, I used to have that quote somewhere up in my scrap room. And I too love it!

Not quite as much as I love YOU though!!