Sunday, July 6, 2008

Second half of the 4th

We had a BBQ over at my sis & bro-in-laws house Friday night. Had some yummy food, played out in the beautiful weather, lit a few fireworks & had dessert. It was a blast!
Here's Phil with our nephew Brendan.

This was Cambria's first look at fireworks. She was a little unsure at first, but then it didn't bug her at all. Here she is with her "mom mom"(grandma).This was taken while Cambria was playing with her uncle Greg. Absolutely LOVE this one! She's getting so chunky.

Here we are waiting for the big show to start. It was cool because we live in a coldasack(sp?) all the neighbors were out lighting their own fireworks off. But then we live right by the city park that does all the big ones... so we just stayed home to watch the big show. It was nice.
Here's a pic of the boys watching the ones we were doing. They would get up and dance and clap. It was fun to see them get so excited over them. I love watching little kids reaction to stuff... it's neat!

We all enjoyed the night. Glad nobody was hurt and everyone had fun!

6 comments:

shabbyscrapper said...

that would be cul-de-sac. the literal french definition being "bottom of the sack". so if you picture a big bag in your mind and then think of its shape...well, there you go...a saggy, round road with only one way out!

anyway, glad you had fun. we had a bbq at reed's and my burger was actually perfect! that has to be a first for a guthrie-grilled burger. got to see/hold becky's new baby and get a firsthand look at leann's new bedroom. it turned out very cute indeed!

the monsoons are trying to come. every afternoon, the clouds build up and the wind picks up and sometimes we even get a great lightning show. but so far all we get out of them is a little dust and enough sprinkles to really mess up the windshield!

jake and tanya will be here soon for dinner. we are having sweet surprise pork chops! yum! daddy told jake he could have the old truck, so he is going to take it and get it running so they will have two cars.

have a great day!
love ya, mom

Amy J said...

Sounds like you guys had even more fun! I can't wait to be able to enjoy beautiful weather, this waiting is killin' me!

Luci-lou said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your 4th of July weekend! I was going to tell you the spelling, but it seems your mom beat me to it. Haha. Enjoy your Sunday Laura!

Braydens Blog said...

OMG how cute!!! Shes so cute and so big. I miss you guys. I video taped kaiti and Tanya I will post it soon for you K. I love your hair thats a really good picture of you holding Cami. All those lil boys are the cutest! Miss ya Shanna and Bray

Anonymous said...

great. isn't it amazing the changes you get there....

not so hot temps
fireworks.
green grass that actually stays
more rain
beautiful climate
green trees

Now do you have cactus?
I don't know 100% for sure if I have ever been to Utah. hUm

have fun!

Anonymous said...

Chunky babies are just the greatest! I love it. Just makes me want to squeeze em and kiss em!