Phil's mom got some tickets to go to the Draper Temple Open House & I was so excited when she invited us to come along. I got Cambria all dressed up & looking cute so I could take some photos of her at the temple. She ended up crying almost the whole way down(it was an hour drive) & ended up throwing up just before we got there. It was ALL OVER the place! I was already frustrated because she had been crying the whole way down, but then I had to take all her clothes off. Luckily her Onesie wasn't dirty and I hadn't put her shoes or jacket on yet. So that's what she got to wear. We had to meet at a church building close by and then take a bus up to the temple. It was a long wait for the bus & the kids were already getting crabby...what were we thinking? We finally arrive at the temple and immediately you start walking threw this tunnel(so if the weather is bad you don't have to stand in it), but you couldn't see out of it; therefore you couldn't see the temple while walking up to it. It kinda bummed me out. Once we got inside it was very pretty! Every time we walked by a photo of Jesus Cambria would point at it and say "Jesus...aww." She actually did very well once we got inside...the problem was that I was 7 months pregnant, wearing high heels, climbing stairs, while carrying my purse & 16 month old. My feet hurt, but my back/tailbone hurt even worse. I couldn't wait to be done. It took a while to get threw the temple and then we had to wait for the bus again to take us back. So I didn't get any photos in front of the temple like I had wanted, but I was very relieved when Cambria finally fell asleep in the car on the way home, after about 30 minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment