First of all, if you haven't read the birth story post...go read that. Here are some of the photos I've taken over the last week. I have over 400 to choose from. Man, it sure is hard playing catch up. This first one was taken Sunday morning in the hospital the day we left. He's yawning.
This one was taken Sunday afternoon. Ryder is just chillen with Grandma Packard before she leaves.
Sunday Phil's parents took Cambria to church & we came home while they were gone. Cambria was so excited to see baby Ryder at home! In this next photo she is pointing to her nose, after pointing to his.
This is our first family photo, besides one of us all in the hospital(didn't turn out very good.) And here Phil's mom is in the photo & it's still not the best, but oh well.
The kids first car ride together...on the way to drop my mom off at the airport.
Cambria took Ryder's blanket off of him...has now become one of her favorite things to do...even if she has her own blanket.
Cambria cried when Grandma Packard got out of the car and wasn't coming home with us. We love her so much & wish she could be here with us all the time.
That first night home all of Phil's family came over for dessert. The grandkids took turns holding the baby. They all loved it so much! Here's Ryder that night...just sleeping through it all.
This next one was taken Monday or Tuesday. Some of the kids came over to play & took turns holding Ryder again. I love that they all love to hold him so much. It doesn't bother me at all...I love seeing them get excited & give him loves!
Here is my bruise from the first IV they gave me. It didn't look bad until a few days later. It doesn't hurt, just looks bad. My other hand from the second IV actually hurt more.
Phil was home all last week & we spent a lot of time on the couch, just sitting around. The kids took 3 hour naps at the same time for 2 days in a row. Here are photos of them sleeping one afternoon.
She was so tired! She woke up a few times to change position, but fell back asleep.
This was taken right after his first bath. He didn't like getting wiped down, but loved getting his hair washed!
Nice & clean & ready for bed.
But not before sister could give him some lovin.
I love this next photo. Cambria is laughing hysterically at his hiccups! Every time he gets them she laughs...too cute!
This is not the best photo, but his feet are HUGE! Long & skinny. I think he's going to be tall like his uncle Ryan.
This was taken one morning towards the end of last week. It was out on the porch, where we spent a lot of our time last week with daddy. The weather has been perfect porch weather!
I love baby body parts. I really need to do a photo shoot with this little guy before he's not so little anymore. I have been such a slacker. It's just been too fun to sit and hold him all day long.
I really can't complain though. He has been a perfect baby. The first night home he got up twice to eat. Every other night I have gotten him up to eat once during the night, with the exception of Friday night. That night I pumped & he slept through the night. It's just easier for me to get him up once to eat, rather than pumping. Nursing has been going great! I can feel my milk let down & have had to pump during the day a few times because I'm producing so much. I never got those feelings with Cambria...so this time around is going much better. For the first week he probably slept 20-22 hours out of the day. The last few days he has been awake for a few hours in the morning & a few hours in the evening. He doesn't really cry, unless the wipes are cold when I clean his bum. His circumcision hasn't bothered him one bit. He was the tie method, don't know what it's called, but it's been nice cuz I don't have to put anything on it, just wait for it to fall off. I haven't been peed on yet. Cambria is still adjusting, & thinks she needs to be babied. But other than that she is GREAT with him. She always wants to help & give him loves. She hasn't tried to pick him up yet. If she wants to hold him she sits down and says "My turn" while patting her legs. Today is my first day home with the kids. Phil's mom took Cambria to the store with her & Ryder is taking a nap, that's why I get to blog! We are heading down to Salt Lake shortly to meet up with a friend of mine from AZ. We'll see how that goes. I have a few videos & a few more photos I want to upload. So more posts to come, hopefully soon. That's it for now. Later everyone. Thanks for everything!
12 comments:
He is amazing! Cant wait to see all the pictures you post in the future! Only 3 more months and then its my turn!
cute!
what do you mean by the tie method?
Cute. He's a minature Austin or Jake!!
Hope all is well!
He is so cute!!! It almost makes me want to have another one. I said "almost!" but he sure is cute and I can't wait to see more pictures. Miss ya!
Yeah what is the tie method?
He is sooo cute!! Congratulations!
SOOOOOOO CUTE! :) I really hope i get to come visit you!!! Now i'm ganna read the birth story! :)
Congratulations!
We are so happy for you! Congratulations! It's good to see that everyone is doing so well. You are such an amazing Mom. Such cute babies you have! Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us.
I wasn't able to stop taking pictures of Silas when he was born and even to this day. He is beautiful Laura. Great pictures. I love his yawn!
thanks again for letting me crash the party! i love, LOVE the pictures. keep 'em coming! in case you haven't heard, julie is having a girl! so fun! love you all...
Oh and I just wanted to say that the one with Cambria leaving after dropping off your mom is so sad!
I told your mom you all should come back here!
Oh I love the photos and keep them coming. his hair is so blonde huh?
never heard of the tie method in my baby doula days or for my own children. One is circumsised and one isn't.
ok, well you take care and get some rest.
how are you feeling?
oh my goodness Laura! He is beautiful! can't wait to see more pictures :) and that is awesome that he is already sleeping so well... my kid still doesn't sleep through the night lol
He is SOOOO cute! You guys make 'em good! ;0)
Post a Comment