Thursday, December 3, 2009

Messy Snack & Apron

Ryder has been teething & all he wants to do is chew on something. I never really knew that Cambria was teething. I just remember looking in her mouth one day & she had 2 teeth. Ryder is been drololong & chewing on his fingers for the past couple months, but just in the last week or so has started to drool & get cranky. He likes chewing on the sippy cup, but needed something else. So I went & picked up a box of the Bitter Biscuits. The are a really hard graham cracker basically. This was is first time trying it & he was enjoying it!They are really messy, but they did the job. I love seeing his chubby hands all dirty.
He was satisfied!
I wanted to make an apron for Cambria for part of her Christmas gift, but was a little nervous to attempt it by myself. So I hooked up with Amy who wanted to make one for Payton as well. I was thinking about making some packets or putting some ruffles on it, but I decided to just keep it simple & get it done. I'd like to thank Amy for all her help. I'm still not super comfortable sewing on my own & just winging it.
I still have a few projects that I'd like to get done for Christmas, so I need to get busy.

3 comments:

Daniels Family Established 2007 said...

love the bitter ! so cute , Hunter loved those. They are so messy. That apron is pretty!

Amy J said...

I think the aprons came out way cute, simple, but cute! I was happy to help, seriously anytime! It's much more fun and motivating to have someone to sew with. The girls will have fun wearing them and pretending in their kitchens.

Love the pictures of Ryder, he is getting so big, hopefully it doesn't take much longer for those teeth to cut through so he can have some relief! Poor kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Laura on that apron.
can you make a strawberry one for me? I sew but, now since I am 46, tired. LOL

and btw, Ryder is just beautiful!!! Awe, I wish I was his grandma. :)