Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowy days

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"Tis the season for snowy days; which means staying inside as much as possible, lots of coloring, watching more TV than needed, baking, laughing, fire places, Christmas music, sewing & wrapping gifts.
I think it's been a long time since I have posted a photo of Phil with the kids. He's been busy with work & school. Luckily he gets a few weeks off after his test Saturday. We are looking forward to having him home in the evenings again.
Monday I did lots of laundry, so I didn't feel guilty when I stayed in my pajamas all day today & sewed. It was still snowing outside & we didn't have anywhere we had to go. I got the sewing machine out, thinking I wouldn't get anything done. I have been meaning to make skirts to go with the onesies I made a while back & finally did.I didn't have a pattern & really didn't know what I was doing. I made 2 of the exact some ones. I hope they fit ok.
While I was at it & had the time I decided to make Cambria a skirt out of the scraps from the fabric I made her apron with. I still need to sew the bow on, but you get the idea.
I tried it on Cambria & I think it's a little tight around the legs. So we'll see how well it works. And if it doesn't fit then I'll just keep it & hope we have another girl to wear it someday.
I still don't have my own sewing machine, but I'm hoping that I get one for Christmas so I can have one when we move.

4 comments:

Amy J said...

So cute! I love them. I'm loving that fabric you used for the apron more and more!

Brynn P. said...

Go to your nearest Joann'a and get some patterns. They are on sale for 1.99. That's way good!!!!

Great job. Looks like you're falling in love with ssewing too!

shabbyscrapper said...

you are your mother's daughter! ha ha...

i will have to send you some pics of some of my stuff!

shabbyscrapper said...

OH...AND DID THE SKIRTS FIT CAMI? THEY SURE ARE CUTE!