Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The kids

I accidently deleted this photo & I can't drag it down my post. So just pretend that it's with the other photos of the kids.
After baths last night the kids were playing around with Daddy. Phil had the camera and told Cambria to show him her O face. This was the first thing she did...kinda funny, but I really like this photo. A few minutes later she was flying in the air on his feet. When she fell off her wet hair hit Phil's face and he screamed because it was cold. Well, she liked that she was making Daddy scream and kept putting it in his face.
I have I told you that I love watching this little kiddo walk around? It just makes me smile to see his big, happy face coming around the corners!
We love our Daddy!
I wanted to take thbecauseup to the Union Station while we had good weather, becuase I'm not sure how long it's going to last. I told myself before we headed out that I was going to get at least one good photo of the kids together. Well, I MIGHT have got ONE. My camera wasn't letting me take them as fast as I would have hoped...it kept saying "busy."(Anyone know what that means? or how to prevent that?) And I'm still trying to learn my camera and what settings work best in different lighting's(that's why you might be seeing lots of photos of my kids while I practice...sorry.) Here's a few that turned out okay.
Cambria sat for about 15 seconds and once she was up, Ryder followed.
Most of the time they were trying to run off before I could even get one shot of them in the position they were put.
Or I'd get one that was looking and the other one not.
They really were good sports about it and did the best they could.
Here's a few shots of Cami
She loved being able to run around and climb on things. Probably didn't like getting yelled at to stop and slow down.
But there were lots of new things to see and touch, so do you blame her?
And when she did stop for a second to smile, I tried to be ready to capture it.
Luckily I had Phil there to help me out, otherwise I would never have made it. Even with the two of us it was hard. There were some birds up in the rafters that they stopped to look at.

My baby girl will be 2 1/2 in a couple days.
Oh Ryder. You are so sweet & it's such a joy to watch you growing, but you make me nervous. You are a boy & I'm sure I have much more to be worried about, but look at you. You were climbing on the wires and at one point you had both feet up there...scary!
And you still put everything in your mouth.


But we love you!
I really love "trying" to photograph children, but maybe I should try doing senior or engagement shoots.

7 comments:

Em said...

candid shots always turn out the best in my opinion. They always end up being my fav and show so much personality. :) Keep up the good work and keep practicing. Love the first photo. Too cute.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my heck, i know I have told you this before but...your kids are so dang GORGEOUS..seriously. And yeah my friend, have got quite a knack for photography. those turned out so, so, so good.

Thiago & Teri said...

meant to say you, not yeah...need to go to bed.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

im assuming the flash popped up while you were taking picutres and thats why it said busy??? its the flash warming up. I hate when it does that. you have to change the light settings.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

love the pics by the way :)

Anonymous said...

If you have a big memory card usually that is why it says busy. Smaller memory cards load faster, especially if the larger ones are getting full. Love the photos!

ForeverSarahLee said...

I love love love these photos. You truly do make some GORGEOUS babies guys!! I can't wait to be close to you. I miss my lil' sis SO much! And Ryder... SUCH a stud!