Monday, May 24, 2010

Ducks & Bubbles

It's so weird to me when it's still bright outside when it's time to get the kids ready for bed. It's always bright outside when Ryder goes to bed. After Ryder's in bed it's "quiet" time for Cambria, which means chocolate milk and a movie in mom and dad's bed.

Friday morning I asked Cambria if she wanted to go to the park and feed the ducks. She told me "no thank you" 3 times, but I loaded them in the car anyway. As soon as we pulled up she started to scream "I see the ducks! Can we feed them?" And then ran down to them. I knew she'd want to go.
There's always tons of ducks and seagulls to feed. They were swarming us!
She had fun chasing some.
Ryder was perfectly content sitting the stroller eating his puffs and saying hi from a distance.
I had Cambria stop and say cheese for me.
She was having so much fun! We found a group of ducks that had some new-ish babies and I was a little nervous to get close to them; not knowing if the mom was going to be protective or mean. I told Cambria not to get close, but after throwing 2 pieces of bread she was surrounded. They were getting close to me too and I kept backing up, because I was getting freaked out. Cambria was in heaven!
She went to check out the river, but there weren't any ducks in that area.
Walking across the bridge to find more ducks.
After feeding the ducks we went to the swings for a little. This is always Ryder's favorite part!
Ryder has stuck his tongue out for months now, but it was usually just here and there. The last 4 days it has been out NON-STOP!
Friday night we went over to Tawnya and Mike's house for a BBQ...YUM! I love Mike's food! Saturday we went out to breakfast with Phil's parents, then did a little shopping. Saturday night we had the Howell's over for burgers and then we all went to RC Willey and walked around & then came home and watched a movie. Sunday we went to church and then headed right over to Phil's parents house. We were going to eat there around 4 and decided we'd rather hangout there for the day, rather than at our place. We brought some bubbles for the kids to play with. Phil was helping them with the bubbles, while I took photos.
I just thought this one was funny because it looks like the bubble is on Phil's head.
I wish I got a close up of the bubbles, because the colors were so pretty!
Ryder sat on the side lines eating a cracker. He doesn't like the feel of grass.
Cambria got a turn with the wand too. She would just run and the bubbles would start flowing out. It was so fun!
She was getting the hang of it and having a blast!
It was still a little chilly out this weekend and we had some rain on and off. Last night it rained all night and then we had a little snow this morning. Yes, you read that right...SNOW! Seriously?! It's memorial weekend this weekend and we have snow. I'm so ready for the warm weather to get here. It's making me even more excited for AZ in 2 days! We are looking forward to our vacation, but are sad that it's going to be so short.

3 comments:

shabbyscrapper said...

UMMM...WE HAVE NO SNOW HERE!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE HERE!

Lori and Trevor said...

I love the bubble pictures. I was wondering if those wands worked good. Cant believe its still snowing there. So much for globle warming right. haha.

shabbyscrapper said...

miss you already!