We didn't have Internet for a little over a week, so now I'm going to play catch up. Lets start with Halloween. Cambria was Belle...here she is all dressed up before we left for the night. This was around 3:30 and she was being rotten and didn't want to smile for me.
First stop was Mom-Mom and Poppa's house. They had some special treats for the kids and wanted a photo of them. Cambria was still being rotten and didn't really want to smile. I went ahead and snapped a photo of the two kids while they were standing there for Mom-Mom. I'm glad I did, because it's the only one I got.
Cambria with her bucket, ready to go "trick or treating." She was sad when I told her we had a few more hours before we would go.
This was her "if I have to" smile.
Our old neighbors wanted to see the kids in their costumes, so we went to their house to trick or treat before we left. Ryder's hat was supposed to be over his ears...looks a little funny like this, but he was still a cute pumpkin.
Happy that she gets to go to one house.
Daddy helping them up to the door.
Then we went to Tawnya's house for a really fun dinner. After dinner we were getting the kids ready to go out and it started raining. We waited a little, but the kids were getting antsy and it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. So we headed out into the rain. Cambria ran house to house. Said trick or treat and thank you to everyone. The bottom of her dress was soon soaked, so I tucked it up into her tights. She kept running from house to house...trying to keep up with all her cousins. after we got done with one street Ryder passed out and so Phil started walking back. Me and Cambria made our way back down the street. We got back with lots of candy. It was only about 6:30. We put Ryder down then put on a movie for the kids while the men watched the Oregon Ducks game. I were home before 9 and the kids went straight to bed. Since it was raining those are the only photos I got of the kiddos. It was fun though and Cami still asks when we get to go trick or treating again.
Sunday the 31st Cambria didn't want to eat her dinner. We told her she had to stay at the table until her food was gone. She hadn't had a nap that day and so it didn't take long before she was asleep at the table.
I let Ryder feed his pudding to himself for the first time. He kept it in the cup and only got it on his hands and face. I remember Cami's first time and she dumped it out and was coloring on her tray with it.
It was so good he had to lick his fingers clean.
Last Tuesday Cambria got to go shopping with her Mom-Mom. On the way home they stopped and Wendy's. They brought back a shake and fries for her and Ryder. Ryder was sleeping when she got home, but she went to town on hers.
A few minutes later Ryder woke up from his nap and was happy to see what was waiting for him.
Wednesday morning we took advantage of not having Internet. We read books all morning, then played with play-doh, had oreo's & milk for a snack, took a long bubble bath, then after getting dressed we had music/dance time. The kids LOVE dancing and jumping around!
Ryder taking a break with the monkey.
It was almost time for my Dr's appointment and I was talking to the kids about the baby and finding out if it was a brother or sister. When you ask Ryder where the baby is he'll either lift up his shirt or mine and pat the belly.
Here's my little belly at 16 weeks.
I really wanted Cambria to come to the Dr's with us, but when we got to Mom-Mom's to drop off Ryder, Xander was there and she decided she wanted to stay there. So Phil & I went by ourselves. I don't remember how much I weighed or what the baby's heart rate was. All I remember is him telling us we were going to have a GIRL!
Cambria was SUPER excited that she had been right the whole time. We will be naming her Piper Blue. The baby was measuring a few days later than my original due date, but Dr. said we'll go off the original due date for the induction...he'll do it up to 10 days early from that date. I think we'll want to start Thursday the 14th if I have to get the cervidel(sp?) again, but wait until Friday morning the 15th if I don't. We'll see and maybe she'll try to come on her own before then, who knows. We are very excited for her to join our family in a few months.
Thursday morning was a little chilly, but I decided it wasn't too cold for the park. So off we went. Cambria wanted to bring her bag to color there.
She only colored for a few minutes and then went off to play with Ryder. We were the only kids there and Cambria said she was hungry and wanted to leave, so we were only there for about 15 minutes. At least they got to get out for a little.
We stopped at Subway to get a sandwich. Cambria is my picky eater. She won't eat a PB & honey or turkey sandwich, but she'll eat this. Silly girl.
Just a funny side note... we eat spicy foods a lot & usually Cambria loves it! Lately she has said some things are too spicy and we ask her if she means too hot or spicy. Trying to get her to understand the difference. I thought she knew what spicy meant, but this morning I was getting the kids in the bath and Cami touched the water to test it and she says "Nope, not too spicy." I laughed and then told her that she meant too hot and only food can be spicy. She goes "Yeah, I meant too hot. I knew that." Really? It was just kinda funny and I'm thinking that we need to work on that one a little.
Friday night we wanted to get a bite to eat with the kids. We didn't know where we were going to go, but ended up at Chuck E Cheese. The kids had a blast playing games and getting tickets. Then they loved turning the tickets in for a few small prizes.
Saturday morning we dropped the kids off with Phil's mom so we could do a little grocery and Christmas shopping. That afternoon we met the Juahsz's at Applebee's for lunch. Then went back to our place to let the kids play. After a few hours we headed to DI & then went to Sam's Club for a hot dog & pizza. Cambria was sad when she had to say bye to Payton. The next day she said "I miss Payton Mommy. When will she come to my house again?" Since they live about an hour away it would be a day trip to go see them during the week. I have been meaning to make it down there, but since I baby sit 3 days a week, it makes it hard. We sure do miss them!
Ryder will be 18 months in a few weeks, so I asked Phil to take him to nursery for a few weeks to get him used to it. I'm still in Primary for a few more weeks, until they can find someone else to help out. Phil said Ryder was doing good, but he's going to be a climber in there. He lasted about an hour before Phil could tell he was getting tired. So he took him out and he fell right asleep. Hopefully he'll last both hours when it's time for him to stay in there...I'm looking forward to going to class! Here's a few shots of him that morning before we left.
That night at Mom-Mom's we celebrated the November birthdays. That means Phil's is coming up.
Yesterday it rained/snowed almost all day long. Not much was sticking, but enough to make it all while outside. Phil went in to work at 2am to turn back clocks, so he was home by 11. And we were all in bed by 8pm Sunday night. Sunday was the end of day light savings...so we are now the same time as AZ. It has thrown the kids sleeping off just a little. They have been going to bed a little early, which means they have been waking up a little early. Phil & I have been making it to bed early too, so I'm getting enough sleep, so it's ok that we wake up a little early now.
We have a few things planned for this next month, and then Christmas will be here and we'll be in AZ!
2 comments:
Glad to see a new long post up! That's so sweet/sad about Cambria. Payton was saying she missed Cami too and seriously cried half the way home for her. She'd stop a few minutes and then start again. Miss you guys!
Piper Blue?! I think that is the absolute most adorable name ever! Congratulations guys!
Post a Comment