Made Chicken Fajitas last week and they were yummy. I was very excited to have the leftovers for lunch the next day.
But the best part about it was the uncooked tortillas that we had with them. These are the only way we will go from now on. They are SO good and don't get soggy from a little juice or tear easily and they taste so good! They only take a minute to warm up, so it doesn't take long.
Here is a photo of my belly at 18 weeks 1 day. Still a little pudgy looking, but that was almost a week ago and now it's starting to look a little more like a pregnant belly already. Last week I told a few people I was 18 weeks and they looked shocked. They said I didn't even look pregnant, let alone far enough along to know the gender of the baby already. I guess that was a complement, but I'm ready for the big belly and pregnant look. I've been feeling great! Have had energy to clean and play and have wanted to do extra stuff I haven't been in the mood to do for a while. This second trimester is great, but I'm afraid it won't last long and soon I'll be too big and miserable again, so I'm enjoying it while I still can.
Thursday and Friday night we spent catching up and rewatching Harry Potter from number 3. Saturday was Phil's 27th birthday. We dropped the kids off with his parents in the morning and headed down to The Gateway, where we saw HP#7 and ate at Tucano's. That about wraps our day up. We had to do a little but of grocery shopping that night and Phil got a card in the mail from mom, which the kids LOVE! Happy Birthday Babe!
Sunday we went to church, but the kids had runny noses and a little bit of a cough, so we didn't stay for class. Cambria was so upset that she couldn't stay for nursery. We went in and got the picture they were going to color that day before we left and that made her happy. When we got home the kids played in the snow for a few minutes, even though they had colds, great mom huh? That afternoon we headed out to the Juhasz's house for a pre Thanksgiving dinner. The power went out for a little over an hour, but we managed to get all the food cooked, with the help of dutch ovens and a fire. It was interesting, but we made it work. I got to bring home leftover pie, that I had for breakfast Monday morning. Thanks for having us Amy!
Monday morning it was cold and we had nowhere to go. So the kids got to cuddle in my bed and watch a movie, which they normally don't get to do anymore. They loved it! Ryder isn't picking his nose...he was getting ready to tell me to "shh" with his finger over his lips, but I took the photo a second too early.
Cambria wouldn't look at me...nothing new there.
We had my niece over to play. I used to baby sit her, but stopped when Volleyball season ended. The girls baby sit & Cami were starting to miss her and so I thought we'd have a play date. I didn't tell either of them she was coming, so it was a nice surprise. She stayed for dinner. I made Chicken Salad Sandwiches and ever one that tried them, everyone except for Cambria, liked them. I loved them and was again excited for leftovers!
After dinner we put on Christmas music and the kids danced around and tried to sing to the songs. This morning I ran some errands and we bundled up because it was cold outside! Cambria loves wearing her coat, boots and new gloves. And she loves eating snow!
There is supposed to be a blizzard coming in tonight. Phil's school called and canceled class for tonight and a little after 1 Phil walked in the door. His work let him off early so they could all get home before the snow. It's supposed to be a low of ZERO Thursday morning...burr! Hopefully we can stay warm and drive safe to our Thanksgiving feast. We also hope that everyone else driving to family will make it safely. Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:
i LoVe leftovers from fajitas! i always make a ton of extra just so i can have them! ha ha! i can't believe it is going to be zero there this week!! that doesn't make me excited to go back up to idaho next week... ):
I love reading your blog. You always have such fun adventures with your kids. I can't believe how big Cambria is! I hope you stay warm for Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey!
Your making me hungry!!! Hahaha, I have not been on blogs for so long! Loved seeing all the old posts!!! Soon you will know if number three is a boy or girl!
Post a Comment