Thursday, December 16, 2010

Well Hello

So the past week or two has been a little on the warmer side, until Tuesday night when it started getting a little chilly. I didn't think much of it & don't watch the news, so when Phil got called in to work at 3:30 am Wednesday morning to remove snow, we were a little surprised. I pulled out the bag of snow clothes and told the kids to get dressed so we could go outside(thinking we would go down to the grass/hills), but after they were dressed Cambria headed to the porch. I decided to let them play there instead.
 I gave them each a bucket & spoon and they played out there for a good 30-45 minutes.(And are out there again right now, while I'm blogging)
 Then we came in and made chocolate milk and ate marsh mellows.
 This little guy thinks it's funny to shove as many in his mouth as possible. And as you can see, he's still in his PJ's...it was one of those days.
 These are photos I took from my phone last Tuesday, the night before I was 21 weeks.
 And this was yesterday at 22 weeks.
 I was supposed to have an appointment at 20 weeks, that I just skipped. We are leaving next week for AZ for 2 weeks and I still haven't scheduled my 24 weeks appointment, that's supposed to be the big 3D one with the tech. So, hopefully I'll call soon and get that scheduled for as soon as we get back. I've been feeling great & have been feeling her move a lot. It's usually at times when Phil is gone, so he hasn't been able to feel her much. You can see my belly move sometimes if I'm sitting in the right position and it's strong enough, so that has been fun.
 I have a ton of projects that I'd like to start, but old myself that I need to finish ones I've already started or at least finish the list I already have, before I add more to it. One of the things I have been wanting to make are Sippy Cup Leashes. I followed the tutorial found here.
 I used a 28" piece of ribbon and a 9" piece of elastic. Overlap them about 1 1/2", depends on your cup, and sew a few stitches to keep it secure.
 Then fold the other end of the ribbon over 3 1/2" to make a loop & sew a few stitches to make it secure.
We have been on a few long trips with the kids and it's really frustrating when they drop/throw their sippy cups and then want them back and it's rolled to the back of the car. So with these, we'll just loop it around their car seat straps and it won't go far. I'm SO excited! And it only took me about 10 minutes to make 2 of them.
I'm taking the opportunity to use up this feeling good time, before I get too big or busy. So hopefully I'll be making some more stuff to show you soon.

3 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

i saw that tutorial a while ago and forgot to try it. Thanks for the reminder. Landon throws his cup constantly!

Lori and Trevor said...

great idea, and you are lucky you are so small prego and have no strech marks! your so cute pregnant.

* Missy * said...

that is AWESOME!!!