Friday December 17th we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We had left the kids with Greg & Amy the weekend before and went to dinner and we left them Thursday night the 16th to go to the David Archuleta concert, which was pretty fun. So Friday we spent the night with the kids. We grabbed BK for them and then went to Rubio's to eat. Afterwards we went to RC Willey and then the mall. It was perfect to be able to spend the night with the ones I love the most!
Monday while baby sitting the girls we made these cute butterflies to hang up. The girls had fun cutting and coloring and then watched me put them together. I have a ton of empty TP rolls that I've been trying to use up. If you have any other ideas on what to make with them...please let me know.
Monday night we went over to Mom-Mom & Papa's to open our Christmas presents. Cambria got a handmade dress-up dress, dress-up shoes, a bracelet, necklace, tea party set, Zhu-Zhu pet, an outfit and a bag of goodies. Ryder got a dragon ship play set, Zhu-Zhu pet, hoodie and a bag of goodies. Phil & I got money, gift card to Brick Oven & Boondocks, a comfy blanket, food storage stuff and lots of goodies. Thank you so much for spoiling us Mom-Mom & Papa!
All day Tuesday Cambria played with her Tea set and wore her dress. Ryder tried to get in on it, but she didn't want to share, so we put it away until he took his nap. Then she got to play with it with water in it. I painted her nails and then we had our own little party. That sure was a hit with her!
Tuesday night we went to the Blue family Christmas party. The kids ran around the gym while we got dinner ready. We ate, did a nativity, played duck duck goose, and opened presents. It's always fun getting together and it's nice having it at the church because we keep growing, but I miss the cozy feel of doing it at home. Thanks everyone for the great time!
Wednesday we picked Phil up from work and were on the road to AZ by 12:30. It rained for about 10 out of the 12 hours we were on the road. We were surprised to get there in that time, considering the weather. We went through Vegas this time and that seemed to help. The kids did great on the drive!
Thursday morning we went to IHOP with Uncle Cody for his birthday. That night we had a BBQ, jumped on the trampoline and played games.
Christmas Eve we did a little shopping and then hungout at Grandmas. The kids got new PJ's, which they modeled for me. Got a few shots with Aunt Jessica too. They loved the new PJ's and they were nice and comfy.
Putting ornaments back on the tree. And that night Grandma read us a Christmas story.
We put Ryder to bed and then were going to make cookies for Santa. Cambria said she wanted to give him Oreos. Well, then she wanted to eat them and not leave them for Santa. So she watched a movie and ate the cookies that were for Santa. Maybe she'll get it next year, or think they are for her.
Here's the kids little spot of gifts from us, Santa and a few from Grandma & Grandpa. And then the kids in the morning, waiting to open presents.
They both loved their piggy banks. Ryder got a Buzz toy from Santa & Cami got the baby doll she asked for. And the hoodie is from G&G.
More toys and more toys. I want to get a photo of all their gifts together, but haven't done that yet. Thank you everyone for all the nice stuff. The kids got more than they needed, but they love it all.
More toys.
We went to my Grandma's house for a lunch with all the Guthries. It was nice to see so many of my cousins that I hadn't seen in a long time. Then we went back to my mom's and play games I believe.
Sunday afternoon I had a YW's thing to go to. When I was 14 I wrote a letter to myself that I was supposed to read 10 years from then. It had stuff in it like how many kids I wanted, who I wanted to marry and if I'd be in school or not. A lot of it has turned out like I said. I said I wanted to still play the piano and have a masters degree...no on both of those. These first photos are of the kids on the way down.
The kids wanted to play in the water at the park and so we let them. It was a little chilly, but way warmer than what we are used to. Ryder was so funny and would dunk his head in the water. He got grass all over, but he was the happiest little guy.
Cambria would run, jump or even slide through the water. She too was loving every minute of it.
It was nice to see my leader and a few of the girls there. It would have been nice to have everyone there, but I'm really glad that I got to see Ashlee and her daughter Ruby.
Tuesday night we went to Barro's with my family and had dinner. Afterwards the guys went to see Tron and the girls hungout at G-ma's. The two little ones were in the bathroom and we heard something fall. We opened the door and noticed that Kaiti had knocked over a big shelf, while Cami was sitting on the toilet. Kaiti hit her head and had a little bump, so we got her an ice pad. Well, of course Cami wanted one too. So here they are mending their wounds. And then a shot of them with G-ma.
Wednesday we went to Dillards, got Krazy Subs, saw G-ma at Scrapbooks Etc and then went to see Jessica at work. Tried getting a photo of us with her, but the kids were being silly. That night we went to On The Boarder for dinner.
Cambria and Aunt Sarah put this 3 piece puzzle together. Ryder was trying on the hoodie Aunt Sarah bought for him and wearing Jessica's heels. Makes for a great photo.
Friday Sarah & my mom took Kaiti and Cami to see Tangled & get an ice cream cone. Before they left I wanted to get a photo of the kids and Cami didn't want to. She finally said ok, but then kept making funny faces. Finally as they we walking out the door she stopped and smiled with all of them. Sarah said she sat through it good. She loved it and keeps on talking about it. Thank you Sarah and G-ma.
While they had Cami we went took Austin and Ryder to Mango's for lunch and then went to Fiesta Mall. We spent the evening playing the Wii. Aunt Krystal bought some Cider to toast to the new year. Before Cambria went to bed she had her own little toast with her. She wasn't sure what to think of it and kept saying "I don't know" while making this face and putting her hand out. Once she tasted it, she thought it was really good.
Saturday we went to Goodwill & got Jack In The Box. Cambria fell asleep on the way home. Guess the staying up late had got to her.
While she napped I worked on some bows. I tore little strips of scrap fabric and then glued them to a small piece of twill. Folded it over and glued them to the other side and then rolled it up. Made a pretty cute little flower from scraps.
Sunday afternoon we headed home. The kids weren't as happy this time around...they never are coming home. They kept asking to get out and Cami kept saying her bum was hurting. We felt bad and tried to make a cushion for it, but she said it didn't help. We got home around 3am. We had so much fun with all my family while we were there. We got spoiled again on Christmas...thank you Mom & Dad! Cami keeps talking about everyone and misses them, so do we. We got to eat out a lot and I can tell I have gained a ton of weight from that. I was glad to be home in my own bed and I'm looking forward to some home cooked meals!
Last, but not least, Cody & Krystal found out they are expecting their first child while we were there. It was exciting to share that moment with them. She's only about 6 weeks along and has her first appointment with her OB in Feb. That makes 5 of my 6 sister in laws pregnant at this time. All are due before October of this year. I'm going to be an Aunt 5 more times in one year...crazy! Congrats everyone! Can't wait to meet them all!
























5 comments:
Looks like such a fun trip to Arizona! Love all the pictures and how fun for so many little ones to join the family around the same time.
Laura I love the flowers that you made do you think you could do a post on how to make them? I have a ton of extra scarp fabric that would work perfectly for that. And the flower turned out so cute. Did you use it as a hair bow type of flower or one that you would pin to shirt?
Any ways... Loved and gald to see that your family is doing well :)
Laura (abby's little sister)
I see you went to ocean blue! - super yummy, huh! what flavor did you get?
seriously i love your blog its always so adorable seeing pictures of you and the fam and all the adventures =)
seriously i love your blog its always so adorable seeing pictures of you and the fam and all the adventures =)
Post a Comment