Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day Two

Again, you can click on any of the collages to view them larger.
When we got home I couldn't wait to see Ryder. We had just a short time before our first visitors came. My nieces came over and smothered her to death! Any one of them could sit and hold her for hours. They are so good with babies!
 My kids took a few turns and Piper didn't mind getting passed around. Ryder loves to watch her, give her kisses and will laugh when she makes a noise. Cambria loves to rock her, sing to her and tell her she loves her. 
 Calyx & Tawnya came over to visit too. Notice the top right photo of Ryder...nice huh?
 Wes & Abby came up that night to see her. Our first night at home was a little rough. We stayed up too late and then I kept trying to lay her in her bed and she wasn't liking that. Once I kept her in bed with us, she stayed asleep, so we got a few hours in that way. 
Saturday afternoon we got all three kids in car and headed out to run some errands. Our first stop was the hospital. We forgot my pillow and phone charger, so we had to go back for that. Then we went to Target to get Easter stuff for the kids from Grandma. 
 Then we went to Chuck E Cheese and played for a few hours. The kids had so much fun! Piper just slept the whole time we were out.
 Stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home to get some fabric for my mom to make me a slip cover for the car seat. When we got home Cambria played outside with chalk for a little while. I came out to take a picture of her animals she had drawn and she started posing silly.
 My mom was thinking that Piper was looking a little jaundice so she got to spend some time in the sun. Made her sneeze.
Saturday night the Howell's came to see her. The kids played and watched Tangled. I am having to wake Piper up to eat because she just wants to sleep, but I can't bare go any longer without nursing. She is great and a wonderful sleeper!

5 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

What a little beauty she is....congrats to you all. Look at all that hair, no surprise though. I remember Ryder had a ton too. I gotta say you are very impressive. Errands on the first day home, WOW...Chuck E Cheese even, even now I don't dare attempt that. Glad all went well, she is adorable.

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

I can't believe you went out on day 1 of being home!!! you must really be feeling good... though i can't relate since mine are c sections... so excited for you and your beautiful family!

Amber said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! So are your other two! and that photo of Ryder is making me crack up! Congratulations again! :)

Beth Ann said...

Laura, she is BEAUTIFUL!! Your newborns are always so breathtaking! You will have such a blast with 3!

Amy J said...

She is beautiful! I'm still feeling kind of icky, but I hope I'm better soon because I can't wait to come see you guys and hold this little sweetheart!