I was really looking forward to Spring and getting some warmer weather, but after all this rain and cold weather I'm ready for summer to get here already. And after talking to my family is AZ, I'm jealous of the warm weather right now. I know I won't be jealous when it's 115 for a week straight, but I'd love to go swimming or camping right now. We did get a break in the cold and had a day when it was 70. Thursday we went to Grantsville to visit Amy and the girls & the kids got to play outside and run through the sprinkler. They loved it! Here's Ryder with the hose adapter, using it as a gun. Cambria running from the water. And Piper, doing what she does best, sleeping and missing out on all the fun.
Ryder was the bravest and played in the water the most. Even stuck his head in.
Cambria played in it too, but never got soaked. Payton played around the water, but not really IN the water. They had fun sharing buckets and balls and most of all spending time with their friends!
Before dinner we pulled out the jump house for the kids to play in. Ryder is big enough now to really enjoy it. Cambria had fun showing off all the different ways she could go down and seeing how crazy her hair could get.
If they weren't fast enough, they'd end up on top of each other. The best part was listening to Ryder yell/growl at Cami from the top and seeing Cami's crazy hair!
Phil enjoyed the great weather on the swing! It's the perfect place to take a little snooze! And one more shot of the kiddos.
Friday, while some cousins were over to play, Cami cut the tip of her toe pretty bad. It hurt to walk on it, so she wasn't able to play outside with the other kids. Xander had his Leapster with him and said she could play it. She loved that and was able to sit down for a little while playing that. Thanks Xander!
Piper taking a snooze in her bouncer Friday while the kids were playing outside.
Saturday morning Phil did yard work & a meeting, while I watched kids and folded laundry. Then Phil went to see "Thor" with some of the guys, while me and the kids took a 3 hour nap. We were planning on going to a ward party, but Phil's parents decided they weren't going to go and offered to watch our kids for us. Phil decided he wanted to take me out for Mother's Day and since I had been inside all day. I thought that idea was great and I DID need it. Piper got to go with us and needed to look cute, so she wore this dress I got from DI for a buck, along with leggings I got there for a buck!
We went to Boondock's(had a gift card we needed to use.) We ate at the grill there, which was pretty good and then went bowling. I did horrible and didn't score over 100 this time, but Phil did good. Then walked around and sat outside to watch the go carts while I fed Piper. We'll have to go back with the kids, because they have lots of stuff for the little ones to do and we forgot to use the gift card.
Photo taken from my phone.
Sunday was Mother's Day. Phil and the kids gave me flowers, a card and Dove chocolate's on Saturday before our date. I love these flowers though! I'm grateful for my mother and her example. And I'm grateful to be a mother to my 3 beautiful kids! It's the best job in the world!
Sunday, Monday and today it's been raining. Not liking it anymore. Sad to hear of all the flooding that's going on and the snow hasn't really even started to melt off the mountains yet, so I know there's going to be more. Glad we don't live by a river. Had a short family home evening Monday night. Cami gave the prayer, then lead us in a song, then read a scripture(with Daddy's help) telling us to Rejoice in Christ, Cami said the closing prayer too, then lead us in a few more songs before the kids went to have their treat. They got ice cream and while sitting at the table they were laughing and being silly. Ryder kept making silly faces and trying to tickle Cami. While he would tickle her, Cami would steal a bite of ice cream from his bowl. It was fun to watch and listen to them from the other room while no one was watching. I love moments like this!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!









1 comment:
Thanks again for coming out! I too am totally sick of the rain, especially having a few really nice days. Glad you had a good mother's day weekend!
Post a Comment