Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Camping & Summer Fun

On August 6th we drove down to Grantsville to see the Juahsz's. We went to dinner and then afterwards we drove up Middle Canyon to check out some free camping spots. We got back to the Juhasz's around 8 and the kids went out back to jump on the trampoline. The 4 of them did good on there together. I was worried for Brooke, but she did great!
 They also had fun playing in an unfinished chicken coop.
 On August 9th we had Calyx come over to play. We made some snow cones with this neat machine. It whips them out so fast and just uses regular ice cubes, so you don't have to worry about having big frozen blocks and only getting one from each  block...like I had when I was little. The kids loved it!
 It was a little bright, even in the shade, so I couldn't get a good photo of the kids looking at me.
 On August 10th the kids were helping me make some Kool-Aid. Ryder poured in the sugar and Cami helped with the kool-aid. Then they were going to take turns stirring. Cami went first and Ryder decided he would use his straw to give it a try...right from the pitcher! Piper just had fun watching them.
 Cambria made Calyx and birthday card and tried to write his name...pretty good for her first time. The kids went to a little "Dinosaur Train" party for him. I hung a few light balls up in the girls, minus the batteries to light them. I love the little pop of color. I still need to hang the rest of their stuff up. And our garden is growing more squash and zucchini than I know what to do with it. I also picked up a few things to make some homemade guacamole....YUMMY!!!!
 The next picture is one a snapped of Ryder during lunch on Thursday the 11th. Such a little stud.
 After driving up Middle Canyon the weekend before, we decided to stake our friends from our ward there the weekend of the 12th. The kids had a blast playing in all dirt and climbing the mountain. Piper did so good for her first camping trip. Ryder kept asking to "eat" or go "bye-bye" when he was bored. It was lots of fun staying up late and hanging out with our friends.

 We only stayed one night. The kids all slept on the way home. First thing we did was give the kids a bath. After Piper's bath I was holding her, facing out, wrapped in her towel, while I got her PJ's out. I noticed that she was starting to go limp and when I looked down she was starting to fall asleep in my arms. So I laid her down on the bed to get her changed. I changed her while she was sleeping and laid her down in bed. She slept for a little and then Ryder made his way in there and woke her up. But as soon as Phil sat down with her she fell right back asleep. Guess she was worn out from camping.
 Saturday night Wes and Abby came up and brought their Kinect with them. We put the kids to bed at 8:30 and started to play. We played Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja and some other Demo's. We were sweating and so sore. What a work out! And so much fun too!!!
 Monday night for family night we went out and bought the Kinect. The kids took turns trying Fruit Ninja and Cami even tried Kinect Adventures and is pretty good at it. I'm excited to play this and get a work out in. Even though it might not be the best, I'll take what I can get as a stay at home mom with 3 kids. I love it!!!
(oops...just deleted the photo that was supposed to be here of Cambria playing the Kinect)
Piper turned 4 months on the 14th, but I didn't get around to taking her pics until the 16th. I didn't do a big shoot...just wanted to get a few of her at this size.
 The other kids wanted to jump in as well.
 She has grown so much in the past week. She is finally getting to that chunky stage like my other kids did around 3 months. One thing that makes me sad is that she's loosing her hair on the sides. It's not rubbing off, except a little spot in the back, it's just falling out. I guess it's normal, but not for my kids. She got to wear her hair in a pony for the shoot too, but pulled it out right after.
 She enjoys being on her tummy now and is starting to try to roll over, but can't quite get there yet. She's in size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothing. She started Rice Cereal and loves it! She's still working on knowing how to swallow, but she can't get enough of that stuff and I can never seem to give it to her fast enough.
 Cambria likes to help feed her as well and is pretty good at it. She'll also change wet diapers, which is nice. Piper always seems to steal the spoon from Cami when she's feeding her and likes to suck on it.
 On August 18th, Ryder was taking a nap and Cambria wanted to play the Kinect. So I set Piper in her saucer to watch and they had fun!
 After playing the Kinect she asked to go swimming.
 Piper went down for a nap and I wanted to stage a photo shoot, just to check the lighting in our front room, which is kinda dark. After I got it set up Cambria came in to get a snack and laid down for a minute, but was pretending to be shy.
 Ryder woke up a few minutes after and wanted in on the action. The top left picture would have been really cute if his face was in focus...oops. Then Cambria whispered in his ear that she was going swimming.
 So he went and got his swimsuit on so he could go outside with her.
 They played in the water for a while. Piper had fun sitting out on the porch watching them and even got wet a little herself, thanks to her big brother that was trying to share. She did seem to mind though. It was a pretty hot day and this was the perfect way to spend it.
 Friday afternoon we drove down to Payson Lakes to spend the weekend with some friends. When we got there we set up camp and got a fire going for dinner.
 By the time everyone got there it was just enough time for the kids to play for a little and make S'mores before getting the kids down for bed.
 The adults stayed up late and talked around the fire. Tried some Twizzlers with cheese. Piper woke up for a little and hangout with us.
 Saturday morning, after having breakfast, we drove back down the mountain for about 10 minutes and went to the Grotto. It was about a 1/4 mile hike in...perfect for the kids.
There was a little waterfall that ran down into the Grotto. The water was freezing, but the kids didn't seem to mind.
Our attempt at a family photo. Not too bad for being camping and just getting done playing in the water.
Went back to camp for the afternoon. The girls helped get more water while the boys cleaned fish and Ryder took a nap.
Then we walked to the lake for a swim. It was a little long of a walk for the kids and the girls were tired, but they did enjoy swimming for a little and going in the paddle boat for a bit. Piper fell asleep before we left and Cambria fell asleep on Phil just after we started the walk back home. Ryder was a trooper and walked most of the way and even ran a little. He had a blast!
The kids spent the rest of the evening playing in the "jungle."
Sunday after breakfast we packed up camp and headed to the Grotto again. The Juhasz's didn't make it the day before and really wanted to check it out. Dannon we the only one brave enough to get under the freezing waterfall.
Ryder and Cambria would both go looking for the perfect rock to throw and then throw them at the water. The water was only about a foot deep at the deepest spots, so it was perfect for the kids.

Phil was a sport and carried Piper in & out both times so that I could have the camera out. She loved looking around at everything and watching the kids play.
Monday we spent the afternoon doing laundry, cleaning, unpacking, tended to the garden and playing in the water. Piper once again, was so good to just sit in her saucer on the porch and watch everything going on.
Here's a few shots of the kids playing on the Slip 'n Slide.

2 comments:

Merry said...

Piper is so cute! I like those last pictures of her in her saucer. What a cute smile!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Im so jealous of your backyard!
I can't belive how big all three are getting!