Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Power out & Package

On the 1st of December we spent the morning without the TV on because Cami was grounded from it.
 We did things like read books, color, paint, play with Play-Doh & then played Dr!
 The kids loved taking turns wrapping the other one up and then pretending that they couldn't walk or move.
 Can you tell that she was really getting in to it?


 All wrapped up!
We  had a bad wind storm that day & our power shut off at around 3pm. We didn't have any major damage, but people 10 minutes away had it pretty bad, so we were lucky. Around 5pm we headed over to Tawnya's for dinner. Ryder crashed on the way over because he didn't have a nap.
 It was dark by the time we got home, so we broke out the flash lights and let the kids run around for a little.
 Then we set up our bedding in the living room by the gas fire place & made the kids settle down so I could tell them some stories with the flash light.
 Then I showed them a few animal shadows on the ceiling. Right when we said it was tie for bed we saw a few cop cars pull up. Cambria asked "Are they making sure there aren't any zombies in those houses?" Wow! We don't even talk to her about zombies. Then they came to our door and just told us that the city building had power and supplies if we needed anything & just checking to see if we were ok. That was so nice! So we were thinking it would be a little while until the power came back on.
 But it ended up coming back on around 10:30. Not too bad. The kids thought it was pretty cool. In the morning I showed the kids how to make slides by setting up the toddler mattresses against the couch. Then I showed Cami some picture's of the other people's damage and her reply was "I'll pray that Jesus & Aunt Kerrie can be resurrected so they can come help them." Aww...love that girl!
On the 4th I was just playing around and trying to get some picture's while the kids were watching TV.  
 Yes, sometimes he's just like one of the kids. He was zoned into Phineaus & Ferb!



 Piper's two bottom teeth were just starting to poke through to where you could barely see them.
 Me & my baby girl!
 On the 5th we got a tiny bit of snow. I hate that our driveway faces the north, because it never sees the sun and it stays icey forever.
 On the 5th we got a package from Grandma and Amy Totty!
 Ryder was "cooking nanas" when the package came.

 They sent each of the kids an Advent calendar and a witch hat! Thank you guys!!!
 I was trying to get another picture of her teeth, but it was a little dark and she wouldn't hold still long enough for me...she's still cute though!


No comments: