Monday, June 25, 2012

Animals & Castle Park

Last Tuesday when the kids woke up I asked them what they wanted to do today. Cambria said, "Go on an adventure!" And Ryder's reply was, "Go to the park." 
So we got dressed and headed out the door, with no destination in mind. I wanted to get myself a treat before we started on our adventure. 
Stopped at McDonald's to get a Dr.Pepper and ended up with a Coke...GAG! I hate Coke, but ended up drinking the whole thing anyway. 
The kids were ready to see what we could find and where we would end up.
In just a short 5 minute drive we can be on the East side of the freeway and higher up to be able to see the Great Salt Lake. I love that! And I always forget how close we are to it, until I see it from up there.
Found a heard of cows that we sat and watched for a few minutes. The kids had fun trying to point out all the new babies.
Stopped in about 5 different spots to look at horses. Most of them were too far from the fence to get out and touch them. We came across one place that had 4 that were pretty close. I was able to touch one, but they kept getting scared when the kids would step close.
After driving around for about an hour the kids decided they were ready to find a park and get out and play. By then we were close to the Castle Park in Fruit Heights and I knew they would love that...so off we went.
Love how happy they all are!
It was fun to just get in the car and go! I try to take the kids to the park a few times a week and the splash pad once a week. Sometimes we make it to the library or go out to eat. We are usually found at home riding bikes, playing in the water, making crafts or just bumming around watching cartoons. We're pretty good at wasting time...although I wouldn't consider it wasting time. My house is almost never spotless and if you stop by you are going to find toys scattered about. But we live here and we are making memories! The laundry is never done, but I always know that my kids know that I love them and that I'm always here for them! I love playing with my kids and I will gladly skip the laundry to build a fort or color a picture! I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom to my kiddos and I'm SO thankful for Phil's job that allows us to do so!
TAKE A BREAK FROM THE HOUSE WORK AND GO PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS!!!

1 comment:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

How fun! its so hot here now we are barely outside. So jealous!