Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Staying Busy

So last Wednesday was the day we were going to have an ultra sound to find out the gender of baby #4. Before we left I had Cambria take a picture of my belly. I was 16 weeks 4 days.
 While we had the camera out we snapped a few silly pics of us together. I sure do love these kiddos!
 Friday Phil only had to go in to work for two hours because he had put in over time a few days earlier in the week. So he got home at 8. Piper was eating her morning snack while I got ready for the day.
 When Phil got home he took us to Denny's for breakfast. Then we stopped and ran a few errands. While we were out the kids got to pick an art project to do when we got home. They each picked some things to paint. They had fun painting when we got home.
 Cambria is always to serious when she's doing crafts or coloring...I love it!
 Ryder picked these little monster things to paint and ended up sharing a few with Cambria because her things weren't working so well. 
 Showing me his monster face :)
 After Piper took her nap we took some lunch to the park and had a little picnic. It was a lot of fun to have Phil there with us and was sure nice to have another set of eyes to help keep an eye on the kids. We have never gone to this park in the afternoon, we usually go in the morning, & there were a lot of kids there. We won't be going there in the afternoon again. Not only were there a lot of kids but they were kind of trashy and not very nice. 
 The park is right across the street for my nephews school and we were there when school got out. Ryder just stood there and watched all the kids walking/riding their bikes home.
 Friday night we dropped the kids off and went on a date. We went to see a movie and then went to Walmart for a few things. 
Saturday we stayed home and did chores and cleaned up the house. Phil scrubbed the showers and toilets. He has always been the one to clean the showers since we have been married and I love that! That night we went on a bike ride and stopped at a playground to let the play. 
Sunday Phil stayed home from church & I left Piper with him. It was kind of weird being in class with no baby. You'd think that I would be able to pay attention more without the distraction, but for some reason it was harder. I'll get one month maybe after Piper goes into nursery before the baby comes.
Today Phil woke up with Pink Eye. Not fun. Decided not to go to work since he'd be contagious for the first 24 hours. Didn't go to work, but we ended up going out to lunch and running some errands. Spent the afternoon doing more yard work. Kids had fun riding bikes, coloring with chalk and playing in the sprinklers. I wrote Piper's name and she laid down by me and started to color. I thought she was so cute and had to run grab the camera.  
Everyone was bathed by 7 and in bed by 8. I am so lucky that Phil is home in the evenings and that our kids go to bed so well for us. They go down whenever we tell them its time and don't get out of bed. Usually around 8. Then Phil & I get to have our own time from 8-10. We have a routine down at night and I love it! I love hearing my kids talk about the prophets and scriptures the next day, even when it doesn't seem like they are listening the night before. And I love hearing them pray for things like "Hope we can play in mud." "Bless I can have a baby brother." "Bless we can go to splash pad." And other random things that they are hoping for. Makes e smile at the end of the day, even when we've had a PJ day and done nothing at all. There is always something cute they said or did that makes it all worth it. I am SO blessed to be a mother 24/7! By the way....WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!! Ryder & Cami are thrilled to be adding another BOY to the mix. No name yet....we're trying to work on that. Night!

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

how fun for the boy! i know i said it before and you are still so tiny!!! :)

shabbyscrapper said...

i just read like four posts or so...you always have such fun together! great pictures...awesome blog! keep 'em comin'! love you all...hugs and kisses for everyone!