Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thankful

I am so thankful that we have good insurance. We got our bill for Cambria's first appointment when she got 6 shots. The total bill $468.00 and we paid $15.00! I am so happy to finally have this in our lives.

8 comments:

shabbyscrapper said...

omg...that is over $80 a shot!!! it's outrageous. what do you do if you don't have insurance? have sick kids who aren't allowed to go to school?

it's still too bad you got screwed over the insurance for cami's birth! oh well, water under the bridge...

Daniels Family Established 2007 said...

man!! what insurance do you have?!?!

KOCHERHANS said...

A-M-E-N! I used to work for an insurance broker doing health/life insurance and its outrageous. Its hard though when you have a husband that thinks insurance is just a scam! It is, but when you need it you are so glad you have it. I'll never forget when we had Anne - Ben was working for UPS who has THE BEST insurance EVER and you only have to work part time. We seriously paid $5 TOTAL for her - with no premiums either - totally free! I still can't get over it. I wanted to cry the day he quit that job. Phil should look into that actually. What is he doing now, I can't remember. Anyways, Ben just worked as a loader in the mornings and then went straight from there to his other job. It worked really well. It was only a part time job and the benefits were amazing. He did have to get up early.....really early, but you do what you've got to do, right?!? I'm so glad you have good insurance now - it's such a peace of mind.

Unknown said...

Thats nuts!!
I'm on ahcccs now, so i don't have to pay anything. I did have to pay for Geatans circumcision thou. It's considered a choice, not a type of requirement. SICK!
Maybe one day i'll be able to blog about insurance. lol

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

I can't agree with you enough!!!

poor cambi!! her bruise looks so painful!

Kim said...

I hear ya! That is about what our bills are when I take Aubrey in for her well visits/shots. We only pay $15.00 too. So happy to have insurance!

Amy J said...

Good insurance rocks!

Oh and we will be unpacking what we can on Sunday and the rest Monday. *gasp...sinners..* jk :) Thanks for offering to help! We just might need it! We leave 2 weeks from Saturday! Woo hoo!

angiedunn said...

true that dawg. insurance is a happy thing!!

poor cami's boo-boo!