Monday, February 23, 2009

Mascara

I always have the hardest time putting on my mascara. If I put it on first, I get eye-shadow dust on the tops of them. But if I do them last, I end up getting mascara on my eye lids or under the eye.
How do you put it on without having to redo something?

6 comments:

Erin said...

I really love that picture of you. I do my eye shaddow, then liner, then mascara. I just do my mascara really really slow and careful so that it doesn't get on anything else.... but it seems like it almost always does anyway. So then I wet a q-tip and go over the spot lightly to get rid of it... and then I usually have to touch up my eye shaddow. What a pain!

Amy J said...

I used to have problems with my mascara all the time until I switched to a new mascara, and now I rarely have problems...but I always put on a base neutral eye shadow, then my liner and mascara, then I go back and do a color shadow in the crease...that's on the days I actually DO my make up!

Anonymous said...

hello Darling,

that is what I think of when I see a close up view of a person. LOL

I do a eye shadow and then a mascara. In Avon, I have done for 15 years I could send you some flyers on how to do this if you want. I think I found your addy in clearview right?
what type of boys things do you need?

see ya.

Unknown said...

I used to have that SAME problem.... until i watched What Not To Wear. haha
When the make up comes, there was a tip on there.. or at least i think it was that show.. change your brush. Get one thats like brushy, thick, and has a fine tip. Then sweral it in/on your powder and blow softly. It helps get off access. Then long brush strokes a little firm. Too light will make it flake all over..
It works for me. If i don't make any scense.. then e-mail me, and i'll explain with pictures.. lol :)
Hope it helps!

Amy Blue said...

OK I'm going to clear up everyones confusion:) Eye liner 1st. This will help eliminate looking like a hooker. Putting your shadows over the eyeliner creates a more natural look. As for a mascara trick, tilt your head back so you are looking down your nose. Apply the mascara slowly starting at the base by your eyelid and move the bursh side to side or "wiggle" as you reach the tip of your lashes. It takes practice but you can do it!!! :)

Amy Blue said...

Oh yeah one more thing...if its a steady hand issue...try resting your elbow on the mirror or counter top that will steady your hand and get rid of the pokes to the eye. AHHH the joys of being female!