Sunday, April 26, 2009

Under the weather

All 3 of us have been a little under the weather the last few days. Cambria had a low fever & cough off & on. Phil had a bit of a cough. I've had a pretty bad cough, along with a bad head ache & sore throat...still not feeling 100% better, we're working on it.

Phil took Friday off so we could go to the bank to apply for a car loan. It was a little frustrating. A few weeks ago we applied for a credit card & got denied. And we got denied for the loan too, until we had his parents co-sign for us. It ticks me off... we have never once been late on any payment or bill, we have never over drafted a bank account, we have more than half of the money for the car already & would only need about a 2700 hundred dollar loan, which for a 2 year loan would put our monthly payments at only 124 & they don't trust us?! It's so hard to start getting credit when you have zero credit. Oh and get this... when we got denied for the credit card, one of the things the guy told us we could do to get credit was to over draft our checking account & then pay it right off. What the H***?? How does that make any sense? I just don't get it. I'm glad that we got it all worked out, but it would have been nice to do it without a co-signer. I will be happy we have we have the second car though.

So, other than that we have just been spending most of our weekend at home & I haven' been taking many photos. I just haven't felt the desire the last few days & I'm really itching for a new camera so I can try some new things out...only in my dreams though! I think that's enough rambling for now...hope you all had a good weekend. Night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh sorry that stinks and sorry you are aren't feeling good either. This weather, being cooler, then hot for a few days then cooler. YIKES No wonder anyone is sick.

Ok, for credit, what we did was apply for a jewerly cc. We didn't want one at all, but, that small things helped make a world of difference. So, my husband just got credit at 25 cuz he was all about cash only, if he couldn't buy a mobile home or a car with cash, he wouldn't. so, meanwhile we got the bill, and he paid it completely off. the bank said we needed to revolve it for a 1 month or so and pay some interest, then he got approved for a car.
good Luck on that.

Maybe you also need to show some type of rent $ you pay or it is harder since you aren't on your own renting or buying.

Hang in there as it will get better, life is tough now with economy that I don't think they are really lending now to anyone with established credit as per the $$$ and people losing jobs etc.

Amy J said...

Sorry you guys haven't been feeling well. We probably got you all sick! Hope you feel better soon! Oh and I'm itching for a new camera too!