Thursday night we had Greg & Amy over for dinner. Afterwards we roasted marshmallows & had smores. Cambria didn't want to eat the smore, but enjoyed many pieces of chocolate.
I had a few smores & they were delicious! Thanks Phil, for cooking the marshmallows just right!
Friday afternoon Cami & I watered the flowers. I then left the water on & let her play! She was having a blast!
She just sat there with her bucket & would fill it up & then dump it out...over & over.
I am REALLY loving the nice weather we are having. I know I say that all the time, but I just love Summer & water & watching kids play outside.
Phil got home from work early Friday. He cut the lawns & when he was finished he played in the water with Cami. The water was a little chilly, but neither one of them seemed to mind.
When it was time to go inside I took off Cami's clothes & then couldn't resist to stop and take a photo.
Well, then she decided to run off. Phil found her and brought her back to me. I was able to snap one last shot of her cute behind!
Friday night we had our friends Wes, Abby & Kris come up from SL to stay the night. We had a little BBQ, followed by more smores. We spent most of the night out on the back porch, just talking & enjoying the nice weather. The boys then started to play XBOX while Abby & I worked on some sewing projects. It was late & we were tired, so we didn't get much done, but it was still fun. Saturday morning we made breakfast burritos & then played a few games. We then went and did a little shopping & got something to eat. Wes & Abby invited their brother & sister up to hangout for the rest of the night. We all had fun playing Scene it & grabbing a late snack. Thank you guys for coming up for the weekend. We hope you had as much fun as we did.
Abby made this adorable blanket for Ryder & decided to give it to us a little early. I love the colors that she chose...it's perfect & so us! Thanks Abby!

This next photo cracks me up. Normally I put Cambria to bed & then don't ever go in to check on her. Then in the mornings she comes into our room around 5:30. Well she was still sleeping at 7:30 when we got up for church on Sunday & when I went in to get her I found her like this...
Half way in her bed & half out. I'm curious how long she was sleeping like that and how often it happens. So Monday morning she was still sleeping when I got up, so I went in and found her like that for the second day in a row. What a silly girl. Oh well, at least she isn't falling out I guess. She has been doing a lot better sleeping & staying in her bed.
First thing on our agenda for Monday was to go and put flowers on Kerrie's grave. Kerrie is Phil's sister who passed away a few days before Cambria was born. I think this visit was the hardest one so far for me. I sat there thinking about Ryder being born soon & how she gets to see him before we do. Then I thought of being a mom & how her girls don't have a mom right now. I think of those 3 girls all the time & wonder what heavenly father was thinking by taking their mother away. I know Kerrie is in a good place & was probably needed for something bigger & better, but what is bigger & better than being able to raise your children & see them grow. I am so thankful for opportunity that I have to be a mother & will NEVER take it for granted. It might be hard at times & I might feel like giving up, but I am here & doing the best I can. I will cherish every moment that I have with my children. You never really know when your time is going to be up. Unfortunately Kerrie's came a little sooner than we all had ever thought, but we must live our lives & go on. We will always remember her, think of her, & let her passing make us stronger. We love you Kerrie & you are greatly missed!
We did a little shopping after going to the cemetery & then headed over to Phil's sister house for a BBQ. We were having too much fun eating, playing, & talking that I didn't take very many photos. I did however get this one of Phil that I'm in love with. I think he looks so sexy in this Indiana Jones hat. *gggrrrr*
And a few of Cami playing...
and trying the chocolate cake. She wasn't too sure about it.
We had such a wonderful weekend hanging out with friends & family. It was great to have Phil home for so many days. Cambria was a little sad this morning when she came in looking for daddy & found that he was gone to work. But, he'll be home with us all weekend and next week after the baby is born. We are looking forward to seeing our little guy soon & hopefully having grandma Packard here with us for the weekend as well. We hope you all had a good weekend too. Sorry about the LONG post...thanks for reading. Later everyone.
First thing on our agenda for Monday was to go and put flowers on Kerrie's grave. Kerrie is Phil's sister who passed away a few days before Cambria was born. I think this visit was the hardest one so far for me. I sat there thinking about Ryder being born soon & how she gets to see him before we do. Then I thought of being a mom & how her girls don't have a mom right now. I think of those 3 girls all the time & wonder what heavenly father was thinking by taking their mother away. I know Kerrie is in a good place & was probably needed for something bigger & better, but what is bigger & better than being able to raise your children & see them grow. I am so thankful for opportunity that I have to be a mother & will NEVER take it for granted. It might be hard at times & I might feel like giving up, but I am here & doing the best I can. I will cherish every moment that I have with my children. You never really know when your time is going to be up. Unfortunately Kerrie's came a little sooner than we all had ever thought, but we must live our lives & go on. We will always remember her, think of her, & let her passing make us stronger. We love you Kerrie & you are greatly missed!
3 comments:
I love your post. Your welcome, I am glad that you really like the blanket. I worried that you guys won't of liked it. Thanks for a great weekend.
I LVOE the butt picture. and the one of her sleeping. Mylee has done that once that i know of. Its so random and I don't understand how they can sleep like that. Too funny!
About your SIL... I remember you writing about it when it happend but I don't remember you ever saying what caused it. That is so sad and I too agree that being a mother is the most important thing. I hope the husband and girls are doing good :)
so adorable! that chunky butt! only when your a baby is that gonna be so cute! hehe!
Post a Comment