Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BBQ & Bed

Last night we had FHE with some families from the ward. We ate some yummy food, the kids played had a little water fight & played in the dirt while the adults talked. One of our friends has a Nikon D60 that he brought for me to show him how to use, cuz he had seen some of my photos. I think he was disappointed when I couldn't teach him anything cuz I just use a little point & shoot camera. I really have to much to learn about photography. I have never taken a class before & I know nothing about the shutter speed, white balance & everything else you have to do manually. So most of the photos that I tried taking with his camera turned out blurry. I'm going to have a lot to learn, but I'm really excited about it. After playing with his camera I realized I hadn't taken any with mine yet. So I hurried and took a few before it got too dark. Here's the kids playing in the dirt.This is a sponge. Normally with my camera it's hard to focus on something close up & get the back ground blurry. Normal it just focuses on the full photo. I was really surprised when I noticed that this one blurred the back ground.
Last night was round 2 for not sitting next to Cambria's bed. When I first left the room she cried & ran after me. I took her back in twice & then she just laid on the floor. She wasn't crying & wanted to see how long she would lay there. So I left her & about five minutes later she came into our room. So I took her back to her bed & came back in my room. A few minutes went by & when I went to check on her this is what I found.

Sleep tight my love!

3 comments:

shabbyscrapper said...

LMAO! YOUR COMMENT, "SLEEP TIGHT MY LOVE" SO SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD SAY!! I REMEMBER HAVING TO LOCK MY DOOR AND LET CODY CRY HIMSELF TO SLEEP ON THE OTHER SIDE FOR ABOUT THREE NIGHTS. THEN HE FINALLY STAYED IN HIS OWN BED. I FELT HORRIBLE...BUT NOT FOR LONG. TEE HEE...

* Missy * said...

that is too funny! did you just take her out of her crib?

and how did you end up getting that sponge in focus??

shabbyscrapper said...

TWO WEEKS...