Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Kids

We had a late, long night Monday & so Phil decided to stay home Tuesday to help me out with the kids. It was great to have someone entertaining the kids so I could get as few things done.
Cambria loves her numbers. She loves to lay them out & then count them. She doesn't know which number is what, & she still doesn't say 1,2,3 in order. She says 2,1. And then counts from 4 to 10 in order. We are working on that one.
Ryder is becoming a pretty good napper. He used to just cat nap all day, which drove me crazy. I have recently been giving him a bottle with rice cereal in it before he goes down, then he'll take a good 3 hour nap.
He loves to sit up. He still isn't a pro by himself, but he will sit up for a few minutes if he's entertained, satisfied & doesn't get knocked over by big sis.
I love this...
I like the play time that I get with Ryder while Cambria is napping. He's getting better at reaching for toys & holding on to them. I've been working with him on rolling over from his back to his tummy, but he hasn't done it by himself. He has also really started to notice his voice & I'm in love with that! He'll talk & laugh and it's just the cutest sound. I love Ryder so much & I'm grateful for all the moments that we share & hope I'll remember them...good or bad. I'm just trying to soak up every minute that I can. I love being a mom & I'm blessed that I'm able to stay home with my kids all day. They are my life!

1 comment:

Amy J said...

I'm so sorry I made Phil miss work on Tuesday! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the extra time together though.

That's fun Ryder is discovering his voice, that's such a fun stage. Glad he's napper better for you!