Monday, September 14, 2009

Luau & Nails

Phil & I got to go on a date Friday night. We went to the Temple & then stopped at ColdStone for a treat.Saturday we went to a movie while Phil's parents watched the kids. Then we went to our Stake Luau.
Cambria had a blast dancing around & made a lot of friends there. It was so cute to see her dancing with a group of older girls & it was sweet that they let her in with them. I have a few videos from that night I'll be posting in the next few days. Ryder did really good, but fell asleep when the fun stuff started.
Ryder tried Rice Cereal for the first time Sunday night. I didn't hate the taste, but didn't know how to swallow it. I tried again this morning & he seems to be progressing, but still needs a little work at eating from a spoon.
These next few photos might seem a little weird to some of you, but I'm very proud of them. I was always a nail bitter in my younger years & in recent years I would rip them off. So to have nails that look like this is a miracle.
Here's a better shot to see how long they really are. I really hope that I can keep them long for awhile. If one breaks I need to stay strong & not shorten the rest, cuz that's why they never stay long...one breaks & I have to have the same length.
Cambria is one smart girl & my best friend. I love the time that we get to spend together. I love that she is always learning new things, although sometimes it works out to her advantage...like being able to open doors. She learned this while we were in AZ. I actually kind of like it, but she is very obsessed about opening & closing them. I date dare to try do it if she's around & cuz she'll end up doing it herself again anyway. Today she wore pantie's all day. We had a few accidents, but mostly she went in the toilet. I'm not really doing any tricks or really forcing her to train yet. She's just doing it when she wants. If she hasn't done it on her own in the next few weeks then I'm going to step up my game & really work with her. I'm hoping to have her fully trained before her second birthday, which is next month. I can't wait!
I still haven't got around to doing a photo shoot of the kids together...someone please bug me, so maybe I'll remember to do it.

4 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

im so jealous of your nails :)
i am anail bitter darn it and ive tried not to be lol

good for you!

Merry said...

What a cute little chubster Ryder is!

Unknown said...

Do a photoshoot of your kids lazy!!! lol jk
But I can't wait to see how creative you can get with them. :)

When you come down next, I will most likely have a Nikon slr 18-55mm camera! You can use it! It would be fun! lol

Unknown said...

I can never have long nails! When I take prenatals my nails are super strong and my nails look great but if I am busy or I am not taking the prenatals they crack and chip so bad!!!