Four years ago today I married my best friend!
We got married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple on the 17th of December. We lived in a one bedroom apartment in Mesa for the first 2 years. Our first year was one of the best. People always told us that the first year would be the hardest & if we could get through that we would be fine. I never knew what they were talking about. We got along just fine & it just felt right. We fight about what/where to eat...that pretty much sums it up. We went to Las Vegas about a week after we were married & then again a year later. This next photo was taken on our last trip with our friends. We had just found out that we were expecting Cambria. Unfortunately that didn't stop me from riding a roller coaster that day.
We are very outgoing people & always look for new adventures. We went on a few lake trips while in AZ. We really enjoyed jet skiing. I almost ran Phil over with my jet ski on this trip...oops. He still loves me.
This is out of order, but this was our photo for our first Christmas card, just before our one year mark. This is us in it's full form! Silly & goofy!
October 16th 2007 we became parents!
Cambria Blue made us a family. I was so grateful that Phil was able to be there for the birth, because we weren't sure he'd be able to.
We loved hanging out with our friends. Having Cambria didn't stop us from doing things that we love. Here she is at about 4 months, strapped to my tummy while we went on a quad ride. And yes, we were very careful & drove low...not the usual.
We also LOVE a good THRILL! We have been to Six Flags twice together & it's one of our favorites! After our first trip, pre marriage, with my WHOLE family, I wasn't sure that we would even be getting married. But he was brave & still wanted to join in on the chaos.
We love getting sand in our pants. I love getting a good tan & Phil likes to get a slight burn, which turns into a nice tan. This last trip we took we both TRIED to surf. It's a lot harder than it looks.
We moved to Utah 2 years ago & have been living with Phil's parents. The crazy sporting outings have been fewer here, but that doesn't stop us from getting away for the weekends here & there. In May we welcomed Ryder Phillip Blue into our family.
We are a family. We do things together. We work things out together. We have good times & a few bad times together, but they all make us stronger. I am so grateful for my Temple marriage & a husband that holds & uses he priesthood keys that he has. I am glad we are able to laugh together often & be honest with each other. My house my not always be spotless, but I have fun with my kids. They are our life & we are blessed to have them. We have made it through 4 years; now we have eternity to go!
We got married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple on the 17th of December. We lived in a one bedroom apartment in Mesa for the first 2 years. Our first year was one of the best. People always told us that the first year would be the hardest & if we could get through that we would be fine. I never knew what they were talking about. We got along just fine & it just felt right. We fight about what/where to eat...that pretty much sums it up. We went to Las Vegas about a week after we were married & then again a year later. This next photo was taken on our last trip with our friends. We had just found out that we were expecting Cambria. Unfortunately that didn't stop me from riding a roller coaster that day.
We are very outgoing people & always look for new adventures. We went on a few lake trips while in AZ. We really enjoyed jet skiing. I almost ran Phil over with my jet ski on this trip...oops. He still loves me.
This is out of order, but this was our photo for our first Christmas card, just before our one year mark. This is us in it's full form! Silly & goofy!
October 16th 2007 we became parents!
Cambria Blue made us a family. I was so grateful that Phil was able to be there for the birth, because we weren't sure he'd be able to.
We loved hanging out with our friends. Having Cambria didn't stop us from doing things that we love. Here she is at about 4 months, strapped to my tummy while we went on a quad ride. And yes, we were very careful & drove low...not the usual.
We also LOVE a good THRILL! We have been to Six Flags twice together & it's one of our favorites! After our first trip, pre marriage, with my WHOLE family, I wasn't sure that we would even be getting married. But he was brave & still wanted to join in on the chaos.
We love getting sand in our pants. I love getting a good tan & Phil likes to get a slight burn, which turns into a nice tan. This last trip we took we both TRIED to surf. It's a lot harder than it looks.
We moved to Utah 2 years ago & have been living with Phil's parents. The crazy sporting outings have been fewer here, but that doesn't stop us from getting away for the weekends here & there. In May we welcomed Ryder Phillip Blue into our family.
We are a family. We do things together. We work things out together. We have good times & a few bad times together, but they all make us stronger. I am so grateful for my Temple marriage & a husband that holds & uses he priesthood keys that he has. I am glad we are able to laugh together often & be honest with each other. My house my not always be spotless, but I have fun with my kids. They are our life & we are blessed to have them. We have made it through 4 years; now we have eternity to go!

5 comments:
Here's to 4 great years!
AHHH LAURA THAT WAS A GREAT POST... I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS.. YOU R A GREAT MOTHER TO THOSE BEAUTIFUL BABIES...
Time sure does fly. congrats. happy anniversary
cant wait to see your photoshoot
congrats! i can't believe how alike newborn cambria and ryder look!
ya their newborn pictures look like it is the same kid! they are gorgeous! and congrats on being married for 4 years :)
Post a Comment