New Year's Eve we went to the Howell's for a party with a few of our close friends. We started around 6:30. We had TONS of good food to eat. Spent a long time, just chatting & had some pretty good laughs. After dinner we gave the 3 little girls a community bath. Cambria was enjoying all the new bath toys.
It's so fun having friends that all have a little the same age. And they were all our first kids too. They fight sometimes, but they have fun too. It's fun to see them play nice & get each other laughing real hard. Here's the drying off photo.
All clean!
About a year ago the Howell's dog ran in to Cambria & knocked her over. Before that she hadn't really been around too many dogs, but seemed to like the few we had been around. After that she was scared of all & any dogs we saw. Over the past year we have been able to warm her up to a few smaller dogs, but she had always been scared of their dog...until that night. She decided that she was in love with her. She would follow her around & try feeding her food. She even gave the dog a kiss.
And then a hug.
The dog weighs 140 pounds. Her name is Daisy, but they also call her "moose." I had to show you how big she really was, so I got a photo of the sofa in the background so you could compare.
We played Apples to Apples & some played the Wii. We also watched a little TV while waiting for midnight. At one point all three of the girls were laying on Daisy's stomach, just relaxing and watching TV; she really is a calm dog now, just HUGE! Cambria fell asleep just before 12. Phil & I were upstairs putting Cambria to bed while it turned 12, we heard people starting to yell & said Happy New Year & got our kiss. Then we started a movie. The other 2 girls fell asleep shortly after 12 & people started to leave. We were in bed by 2:30 or so. We stayed the night down there since it was a long drive. We headed home around 11 to get ready for the Oregon Rose Bowl game. Phil's family was coming over to watch it with us. Almost everyone was sporting an Oregon shirt or at least their colors. I forgot my camera at the Howell's so I didn't get any photos. Oregon lost the game, but we are proud of their season this year. That night we went over to the Fessler's(friends from our ward) to play some games.
Today we hung out, did a little shopping, met up with the Howell's from an dinner(got my camera), walked around the mall & then came back to our place to watch a movie. I was excited to get my camera back!
This was the first photo of the new year!
2009 wasn't too bad of a year, but I'm looking forward to 2010. I want to eat healthier, start working out 5 days a week...3 days in the gym & 2 at home. Just enjoy life...not stress so much & just be there for my family. Be better at reading the scripture's & having a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father. Here's to 2010!
7 comments:
sounds like you had a great new years eve :) I love the last picture of you! your hair rocks!!
That dog was HUGE!!! Happy 2010! And great hair!
I TO LOVE THE LAST PICTURE OF YOU.. YOU LOOK GOOD IN PURPLE....
I agree, the last picture of you is great. You are wicked gorgeous and I love your flower in your hair!
HUGE, SLOBBERY DOG! EEWWWWWWWWWW!!!
I STAYED HOME ALL ALONE ON NYE (BY CHOICE) . DADDY HAD TO WORK, AND ALL THE KIDS WERE GONE. LOVED IT!GLAD YOU HAD FUN...GLAD YOU HAVE FRIENDS TO SPEND FUN TIMES WITH! LOVE YOU!!
Thanks for a fun New Years. I too love that picture of you! Purple is a really good color on you. Good New Year Resolutions, good luck!
wow, nice and you look thinner? Have you lost more weight? cuz you looked good before. :)
take care
Post a Comment