Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Milestones

Saturday night Ryder discovered that he could pull himself.And within minutes he was pulling himself up to stand.
He's been such a happy boy now that he's able to go where he wants and reach things he wasn't able to before.
He even started to walk slowly along the wall while holding on to it.
I leaned him up against the couch, just so I could see what he'd do. He stood there for a few minutes while I switched the batteries on my camera. He would jump/bounce himself. He fell over a few times & would want to stand right back up.
Mom, in the photo above, doesn't he look like Cody at that age? I can picture Cody in Rocky Point, Mexico at around this same age.
Cambria had to be in on all the action too. She's such a poser now. My cute kiddos.
Last night the kids were playing together & they we both laughing so hard. Cambria would crawl through the window & say "peek-a-boo" & then they'd both laugh.
Ryder could seriously sit & watch Cambria play for hours! He loves his sister so much!
I have been working with Cambria off & on to potty train. Mostly to just get her comfortable with going on the potty. She's never been afraid to go & almost always goes when I take her, but would have lots of accidents while wearing panties, because she has to pee every 10 minutes cuz she drinks so much. But after seeing a little potty at her friends house last week & getting really excited to pee in it, I thought maybe that's what she needed. So we borrowed one from Greg & Amy. We got it last night & she went twice before bed. And then this morning I put her in underwear & would remind her to go. She even went once on her own & came and got me to show me. She was so proud of herself & said "I do it myself!" I think this is going to work nice, because she gets it & can now do it all on her own. Here she is going...
It's out in the family room, right by her room, so it's right there for her to see & use.
She yells "Yay, I go potty!"
And then takes it to the toilet & flushes it. She hasn't gone #2 in the little potty yet, but I hope I'm around for that, cuz I'd hate for her to try to clean that up all by herself. I'm so proud of her though!
Those are the most recent milestones that we have had around here. Sorry if that was TMI, but that's our life!
**Check out the new videos!**

7 comments:

* Missy * said...

great pictures! and I love how you have the potty out in the open. my mother in law would never approve of that... but if we had our own house I would do the same thing :)

Alli Blue said...

Yeah! Those are both awesome milestones!

Nicole Palmer said...

Wow! Ryder accomplished a lot in one day! My baby is just a month younger than yours & I don't think she'll be pulling up anytime soon! She's just happy to be a blob. I like your laid back potty training attitude - I think that's the best way to do it! Good luck!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

He is getting so big! LOV"E the rolly legs! i wish mylee was into potty training more. some days are better then others and some days she wants her diaper changed like her baby lol

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much older Ryder seems/looks than Nathan... crazy!

shabbyscrapper said...

wow...now the whole world can see her going potty! great job though. love that ryder can stand...and yes, he does look like cody! funny huh? love you!!!

sandalloons40 said...

wow, and we used to dance after they went potty and sing "pee pee in the potty," "pee pee in the potty." LOL
cute, cuddly son!