I woke up this morning and wanted to go drive to see if I could find some places to take photos. It was supposed to be snowing, but was coming down so slow that I would just melt. When I told Cambria that she needed to get her hat and big jacket on, she was thrilled! She brought me her hat, I put it on and then she ran away. I found her in the bathroom kissing the mirror and saying "this hat is sooo cute!"

On the way to get in the car she asked if she could step in the water and I said "You sure can. As much as you want."
Had some good music playing. Stopped at Sonic to get me a Route 44 Dr. Pepper and then we were good to go!
I knew I wanted to get on the 89 and head towards Ogden, but other than that, we were just going with the flow and going wherever our little hearts desired.
Came across a big pasture with Llamas, horses, some kind of deer and a dog. I thought Cambria would like to see them.
So we pulled over and went to take a better look. She was loving them, until I told her we couldn't touch them.
We came across a little creek, so I got Cambria out of the car again, so she could get a better look.
She is so pretty. She melts my heart every day & again when I'm editing photos & again when I'm posting them. I love it!
She was dancing in the middle of the road and singing her own tune. I wish would have had a video camera with me...it was the sweetest thing. She was so happy and carefree.
Looking on the other side of the street she found another creek and turned around to ask if she could go see "number 2."
Ryder slept on the way up and most of the time while we were there, but I would leave the door open so he could see us. He seemed to be happy with that.
On the way home I noticed a train up ahead and was pointing in out to Cambria. Right as we drove under it she said she wanted me to stop so she could see it again. Being on the Highway I didn't think that was going to be possible, but there was a little turn off that I was able to make, just in time. It lead right up to the tracks and I was able to park so close. Cambria was so happy. I got out to take some photos and I almost cried thinking of the last hour we had spent together. Our drive took us through this gorgeous neighborhood on top of a mountain. Every person that drove by us waved and had a big smile on their face. The weather stayed nice and we were able to enjoy such a beautiful, peaceful drive. Cambria had so much fun! It's moments like these, that I wish Phil were with us. We missed you Daddy! We'll have to do it again.
This trip wasn't all about finding some new places to shoot. I also took some photos for fun, which I posted on my Photo Blue blog. Feel free to click over and check them out.
May we all find something peaceful and carefree to do with our families!
8 comments:
How fun, random drives are our favorite. You got some awesome pictures and it sounds like you made some sweet memories.
How fun!!! Great pixs! Def love the closing pic!!! I need to do a random drive like that. Daniel would have a blast if I did something like that! She looks adorable in the beenie.
I swear you are the cutest mom...you kids are so very lucky. You are all about them, and you can just tell how much you cherish your time with them. Such a fun blog you have, I love reading it!!
the pic of the road looks awesome!
and dr pepper is the most amazing soda ever :) I love sonic... but I get vanilla dr pepper. yum! oh geez, now I am going to have to get one today! thanks laura :)
Your kids are darling! And nice job on the photos!
Oh man she is so cute...just like her hat ;)
I absolutely LOVE that she loves that hat! I only wish I had been THERE to give it to her. It's so cute. Jess said she was wearing the aunt shirt I gave her too. Lol! It makes me happy. I can't wait to see you guys. I miss you SO SO SO very much! I'd always kind of wished we'd all raise our families close to each other, having cousin days @ grandma's, like we did w/the Guthries... Maybe someday :/
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE PICS. ALMOST MAKES ME WANT TO MOVE TO UTAH!!! SEE YA SOON!
Post a Comment