Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gateway & Halloween blocks

Last Wednesday Cambria's room was super clean, but that was because ALL the toys had been brought out into the hallway.
On Thursday, the 16th, we went to our friend Kris's reception. The kids had a blast dancing and playing around with the other kids. Cambria got kissed by this little boy and then he kept coming back wanting more and she would run away from him...so funny.
Friday I knew my niece's would be over at Mom-Mom's so I had Cambria call to see if we could come over for a little to see them. She called Mom-Mom and asked if we could and then told her we would be right over. Then Cambria informed me that she wanted to go without me and just got by herself. So we dropped her off to play for a few hours. Mom-Mom gave Cami these Dan-O-Nino yogurts to eat. I didn't think she would because she won't eat yogurt out of the little cups, but she loves Go-Gurts. So I let her try it and she loved them!! I think we'll be getting more of those.
Saturday afternoon we met the Juhasz's and Keesler's at Tucano's for lunch. My birthday is the 27th and Amy's is the 29th. We both got birthday coupons and thought it would be fun to go together. The kids eat free there, so that's a plus. The girls were very excited to see each other. After they ate a little they just wanted to get down and play. We were headed to the water fountains after we ate, but they couldn't wait. They found a chair by the window that they sat in and talked/played.
Got the kids changed and let them loose. Ryder just walks all around in it all. He'll stop if he gets water shot right in his face, but then just keeps on going. He loves it!
Taking a rest & then off to play some more!
Cambria will get in the water every now and then, but mostly she's just a watcher. In the bottom photos you can see where she got hit in the face and didn't like it too much. She doesn't cry over it, just runs from it.
Here's a few shots of Payton running around.
And the girls dancing together.
Cambria's favorite thing is when the music is on. She was dancing and singing...almost like she was leading a choir. I think I got some of it on video on my phone, so I'll have to post that.
A few more shots of the kiddos.
We took the kids over to see the water fall and tried to get a few shots of them together.
Monday I took the kids to the Library. Afterwards we walked across the parking lot to the bridge that goes over the creek. Cambria noticed a few leaves on the ground and I told her she could take some home. So she started gathering some up.
Ryder had fun helping too. Tried to get a shot of the kids together, but the only big rock was half in the sun, so Cami's face is super bright.
Putting a few last things in the bag before we left.
When we got home I told her I had an idea for a project. So she took the leaves out of the bag, counting them as she pulled them out. Then we separated them into colors groups. Then put them in rows by size and shape.
Then she picked a few out to glue to a piece of paper. Then I showed her how you rub a crayon over the leaves and see the spine/veins. She thought that was neat. Then she taped some more to her paper and colored a little. She really enjoyed this and we got a little learning done in the process.
This afternoon I got together with some ladies in my ward. 14 ladies and 19 kids to be exact. Angie cut all the wood and did the vinyl. All we had to do was show up with 3 bucks. I brought my own paper because I wasn't sure what she would have. The kids had a blast playing with the other kids and they stayed entertained long enough for me to get my blocks done. We made Halloween countdown blocks and I think they turned out SUPER cute! Thanks Ang!!! While I was taking photos of the blocks Cambria was showing me her granola bar and asked me to take a picture for her.
It has been fun these last few days. I like when we have plans and stay busy. This next week is full of stuff to do and my birthday is Monday and I'm not sure if we will find time to celebrate. Hopefully we'll get to do something. Later.

4 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

how fun! looks like you had a good birthday! Happy birthday! I love the blocks and the leaf project

Amy J said...

Those blocks are so cute. I really miss Layton park. I need my car back so I can come up and do a play date with you guys there. Saturday was fun, thanks for meeting us there! It's nice we have birthdays the same month so we can go there together *for cheap!*.

shabbyscrapper said...

SO MUCH FUN...GREAT PICS! MISS YOU...

ForeverSarahLee said...

Cute blocks!

Laura, can I just say how PROUD I am of you & what a cute little mom you are. You are AMAZING with your kids and I hope to be as good w/mine when my time comes. Your children are beautiful and I am SO glad you never take for granted being a mother to them. You truly were born for that job! I LOVE YOU!