Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Park Days

Last Thursday, during our weekly ward park day, the kids ran through the sprinklers. It was a warmer day, but after getting wet they were a little chilly, so they laid on the cement to warm up. One of the ladies made yummy Cinnamon Rolls for mine and another ladies birthdays. Ryder enjoyed them a little too much. It was a fun day and I'm glad the kids got to have some fun before it starts getting too cold.
 We were supposed to go to Phil's mission reunion, but ended up having a few of the missionaries just come to our house and hangout. Saturday we watched both sessions of General Conference and then Phil went to dinner with his dad and bros before heading to the Priesthood session. The women got take out and stayed home with all the kids. We usually tie quilts, but there are getting to be a few too many kids and it's a little crazy to try to work on stuff.
Sunday we watched the morning session at home and then headed over to Phil's parents for lunch, where Ryder fell asleep in the high chair before he could get two bites down.
 Ryder slept through most of the second session and so did I...oops. It was great to hear all the wonderful speakers and be uplifted. It was also nice to not have to get dressed up and take the kids to the stake center to watch, like we had to do when we were kids.
Tuesday I took the kids to the Library and then to the park to feed the ducks. I was surprised to see so many ducks still there. I guess it's not super cold yet, but it's getting cooler for sure. Ryder loved chasing them around. It still makes me nervous for the kids to be so close to the big ducks, but we haven't had anything bad happen yet, so I should stop worrying so much. Ryder liked getting the food out of the machine and throwing those to them too.
 Cambria sat on the bench and had a ton surrounding her. There were more before I took these photos. She would talk to them and tell them to come get the pieces she threw and then she would stare at them and then laugh. It was so fun to see her interacting with them.
 Here's a few shots of the ducks I thought I'd share.
 Once I gave Ryder a piece of bread he just wanted to eat it.
 He would break a piece off, act like he's going to throw it and then pop it into his mouth.
The kids had so much fun and the ducks got a lot to eat. Maybe the weather will stay nice so we can go one or two more times before it's too cold.
After the park we went to DI. I picked up something for each of the kids...thinking I would save them for Christmas. Cambria saw hers though and was asking for it. I gave in and gave it to her. She's getting too old for me to shop for her when she's around. I'll have to start getting sneaky.
It has been rainy and it's been really nice. I have loved leaving the doors open all day and getting the fresh air and smells. I have all my Halloween/fall decor up, which isn't much, but along with the new spice candle I got...it feels like fall. I hope Winter doesn't come next week. I really want to enjoy fall.
I am 12 weeks along today. I have an appointment next Friday. And then about 4 weeks after that we should be finding out the sex of the baby! So only about 5 more weeks. I'm so excited, because I have no clue whatsoever as to what it might be. I'm finally getting over the super tired stage and ready to begin nesting.

4 comments:

Amy J said...

I definitely miss the parks in Layton...among many other things!

I know what you mean about getting sneaky with the shopping thing. I almost done with Payton's, but I've tried picking up a couple things with her with me and she always ends up seeing it and then wanting it. One thing was for Brooke and the cashier didn't get it in the bag fast enough and Payton saw it...she asked for it the whole way home so I snuck it out of the bag before we got out of the car and showed her the bag and said it's not in there and she forgot about it after that...

Amy J said...

Thanks! I love that little outfit too! To answer your question, you can ammend taxes because of errors or take add additional deductions. They are allowing you to ammend your 2009 taxes to get the 2010 homebuyers tax credit now, instead of waiting until next year, so we ammended ours and should *hopefully* get it in the next month or two at the most.

shabbyscrapper said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GROWN UP RYDER LOOKS. IT'S AS IF HE GREW UP OVERNIGHT. BUT I GUESS THAT'S WHAT KIDS DO. RIGHT?

Daniels Family Established 2007 said...

So cute! I cant not believe how our kids are!