Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Induction

Warning: Long Post and may be TMI, so BEWARE.

My Dr was out of town last week and so I went to see a different Dr on Thursday for my check up. He checked me and I was at 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Thursday night I had contractions every 8 minutes for 2 hours and then they stopped. Friday night I had them every 5 minutes for an hour and then they stopped. Saturday all of the sudden my stomach felt gross and ended up being sick out of both ends all night. My SIL thought it might be the signs of labor. Ryder had thrown up Thursday night, so I wasn't sure if I had got the same thing he did. Sunday I wasn't feeling too good still, so Phil took the kids to church while I stayed home to nap. Feeling better by late afternoon though. Having contractions, but nothing consistent. Monday morning I had a Dr's appointment with my normal Dr. He walked in and said you're still pregnant. How long are we going to keep you like that? I asked to be induced Friday. He said lets do it! Checked me and I was still at 2cm & I am loosing my mucus plug. Told his nurse to call the hospital and schedule the induction for Friday. She came back and said that they are super busy this weekend and the only days they could do it were Tuesday this week or Monday next week. My mom is flying in Thursday and leaving Sunday. So I'd rather have a baby here for her to see than her miss everything. So I told them Tuesday would work. Which he had to lie to the hospital and tell them my due date was the 19th to get me in early. He wanted to do a quick ultrasound to make sure the baby was head down. After we were through with that he asked me again what day I was going to be induced. I said Tuesday, unless there is something on Friday. He said let me double check. Came back in and said that we could actually go in Friday night for the cervidel and start pitocine Saturday morning. Great! After leaving his office I just couldn't stop thinking that I wasn't going to make it 'til Friday. I didn't know what it was, but I just felt like it wasn't going to happen this weekend. I was worried that my mom wasn't going to make it. Well, today during nap time(all 3 of us!) I got a message on my phone from the hospital to call them back. I knew something had changed. Called them back and they said my Dr had called and wants to move my induction up to Wednesday night. The nurse that had talked to my Dr had just left and the one I was talking to didn't know why he had changed the day. I'm guessing if it were something serious they would have told me. I don't know if he had a schedule conflict or what, but I wasn't going to say no to Wednesday and not be able to get in until next week, because then my mom would miss it. I'm really bummed that my mom will miss the actual birth, but we are SO EXCITED that we are going to get to spend the weekend with her and not have to be in the hospital the whole time. I go in Wednesday night at 7pm and have to the cervidel in for 12 hours before they will start the pitocine. So I'm guessing she'll be born Thursday morning sometime! We are super excited and can't wait to meet this little girl! I'm sure I'll be posting shortly after she's born, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Amy J said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet Piper!

Thiago & Teri said...

Can't wait to see pictures....best of luck to you!!!

ForeverSarahLee said...

I love that it's TMI. This is the kind of stuff I miss being a part of... Boo to living so far away sis! But anyway, I am glad that mom will get to be there and enjoy the newborn Piper w/you guys. I won't lie, I'm super jealous! She better bring back tons and tons of pics for us!! Maybe she can just stow her away in her suitcase. Lol! Well, good luck w/the labor Laura Lou. And I expect all those annoying texts & updates as it's going on. Tell Philby I am SO grateful for him. Love you Lala!!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

that sucks you were so sick!
Good luck tonight :)

Unknown said...

I am SUPER exited for you!!! Congratulations!!