Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Biting & Play time

Ryder bit Cambria through her shirt and still broke the skin and left a mark. I was NOT happy with him. I will not have a biter, so I am going to do everything I can to get the point across to him that we don't do that.

I helped the kids build a big tower out of their blocks. When we were done Cambria asked me to take a picture of her with it. They thought it was pretty cool that it was taller than Cami. And Ryder didn't knock it over...yay!
Here's my cheesy little buddy. He is SO good to just play by himself and has such a big imagination. You'd think that Cami would be the one to start playing something and get Ryder to join in, but it's usually him that starts doing something and asks Cami to come play with him. He's so cute!
Saturday we went to IHOP for breakfast, where the kids each got a balloon dog. Ryder's popped before we even left, but Cambria kept hers safe for a day or two. After that is was time to get to work. Lawns, laundry, picking up the garage, cleaning and organizing. Piper spent a little of the time outside with us as well.
Papa spent a lot of his time working on his car. He bought this last summer to fix up for himself, but since they are leaving on their mission a little early than planned, he's trying to sell it. It needs a paint job, but it's a pretty sweet car. We are hoping that he'll have to kept it :)
Monday the kids were outside playing and it started to rain. They grabbed the old pool and used it for shelter. Pretty good idea.
Where did they go? lol
Here's a picture Cami drew for Daddy to take to work. She knows how to write her name, but doesn't always write it in a straight line. This time she said she ran out of seats for the "I", which is at the top of the page, instead of along the bottom like the others. Silly girl, it's space, not seats, but I thought it was cute. Good job Cami!
Today has been a pretty warm day. The kids got to play with their cousins outside for a little. They absolutely love the sand box and could stay out there all day.
Love the dirty little piggies.
Cambria throwing the sand. The boys didn't seem to mind, but I still made her stop. I'm so mean.

As I was taking pictures this little guy kept jumping, running, or laying in my way. He's a cutie though and loves his picture to be taken.
His older brother loves to get his picture as well. Rock on!
And another foot shot.
Piper took a great nap this morning while the kids played and I took photos.
Having good dreams too!
This toy has been in the closet, hiding, for a long time. Ryder caught a peek of it and wanted to play. After some new batteries it was good to go! He had a blast with it and it was like he'd never seen it before because it had been so long.

She has been having a lot more tummy time lately. She loves it for the first few minutes...
but then starts to get upset. I still make her lay there, while big sister tries to comfort her. Thanks Cami!
This is how she prefers to do tummy time...propped up on the Boppy pillow.
She's not interested in toys yet, but I pulled out this mirror and she thought that was neat, for about 30 seconds. She does like the squeaky noise that it makes.
She loves her brother and sister and is really happy when they are around and she has someone to watch. When they go outside to play and it's just me and her, she tends to get a little fussy and doesn't want to just lay around. We have a few things like a swing and play mat out in storage that I think we are going to need to get out soon.
Oh, and the photos I took today I used my 50mm lends. I haven't used it for a while, because in our apartment it was hard to use because we didn't have much light or space. I love it though and it's nice to be able to use it.

3 comments:

Amy J said...

Oooh, I hope Ryder doesn't try to make that a habit. :( Poor Cami. Love all the pictures. Sounds like you guys have been busy. PS, Ihop sounds so good now, thanks :)

ForeverSarahLee said...

I am loving all of the pictures sis! Miss you guys!! Side note, how much is Papa trying to sell his car for?

shabbyscrapper said...

those are some darn cute pictures! hopefully you won't have to bite ryder to break him of the habit! let us know when the blues get their mission call. miss you...love you!