On Monday afternoon we got a package in the mail from Grandma & Grandpa! The kids couldn't wait to open it up!
Ryder wanted to show off his muscles for the camera.
Mini Marshmallows for hot chocolate....our favorite! The kids like to take a few and eat them for a snack. Ryder took them from Cami and put themm right up into the cupboard with our others.
Conversation candy! They ate those before they went to bed tonight(great way to end the day.)
All our goodies!
Piper was in the back room with Phil and came out to see what she was missing.
Just in time for the kids favorite part.....bubble wrap!
Then I told her to wave hi to Grandma & Grandpa and her hand started going crazy!
We were going to bake the cookies last night for FHE, but Ryder didn't have a nap and Piper's afternoon nap was really quick. They were both tired and went to bed at 6.
Piper had her snack and then took her morning nap.
While she was napping Cami, Ryder, Calyx & I started on the cookies. The kids helped me roll out the dough and took turns using the heart cookie cutter. The heart was a little on the big side & I think I made them a little too skinny...so between the two, they turn out more like blobs.
The kids played for a little while they waited for the cookies to bake and cool.
This next picture is kind of gross. Back in October for Cambria's birthday, we backed cookies and decorated them. I had some leftover sprinkles that I put in a container, with a lid, to save for later. Well, as I was looking for sprinkles for our cookies I came across it and found this....
Yuck! I put the lid back on and threw it all away. I had no idea that sprinkles would do that.
On to the next step...decorating the cookies.
Cambria accidentally set her arm on her cookie and got frosting all over it.
Ryder thought that was funny and tried it for himself...on purpose.
Then began to scoop the frosting off his cookie.
Yummy!
Then I took Calyx home. Picked up some Antibiotics and Jamba Juice for Phil, who is home from work with Strep Throat. He hasn't been able to eat and even drink much all day. After Piper's afternoon nap I took some photos of her because she's 10 months old today{I'll post those next}. Then we had dinner and the kids are their candy. We put Piper down at 6 and put a movie on for the kids. Ryder fell asleep shortly after that and now Cami, Phil and I are just chillin in our bed. Kind of a lazy V-Day, but what can you do with a sick valentine. Hoping that he feels better soon. I'm so grateful for all the loves in my life!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment