So twice a month we get to have a free Friday night without the kids. Last Friday was one of those nights. We hadn't really planned anything and when I suggested we go see a movie Phil just said we'd play it by ear. I didn't think too much of it. Well, it was a few minutes before we needed to leave to drop the kids off and Phil tells me that we need to pack some clothes for the kids, because they were going to stay the night at Tawnya's. I was shocked! I asked if he was serious, because I knew Tawnya had a lot going on that weekend. He said yes and she had it all worked out. So we packed some stuff real fast and then he told me we were going to stay at the Anniversary Inn. We stayed at a different one back in December when I surprised him. He did a better job at searching for a good deal and a good room at another location. So we went out and stayed the night away for an early Mother's Day gift.
Only took two photos while we were there. One was of the view and the other was of Phil looking through the guild book. It was so nice to be surprised and get away for the night! Thank you so babe! You are awesome!
After picking up the kids the next morning, we had to hurry and take them home to get them ready to go to Ruby's baptism. I can't believe she's 8 already!
I love that Cambria has so many cousins to set a good example for her. It brings up moments for us to talk about baptism with her and she's so excited and can't wait to be 8 so she can be baptized too.
After the baptism we headed to the park for some treats! Took a few photos of my nephew...he just looked too cute sitting there!
Cambria said she was stuck on this...I think she could have gotten down herself, but she was being a stinker. Plus I wanted to get a photo of her skirt{I made that out of two old t-shirts.}
Only picture I got of Ryder. He was too busy running around and playing.
I also made a matching skirt for Piper! Notice her feet are missing in the grass? lol She was having a hard time walking in the grass...it was real uneven too.
Piper was falling asleep in the car on the way home. Can you tell she's tired?
Two seconds later.
Last night we had a really easy family night. The kids played in the sand while Phil got dinner started.
She's always eating dirt and sand. Sometimes she enjoys it and will take more bites...other times she realizes it's nasty. I don't know when she'll finally figure it out and stop trying it.
Grilled pineapples...
...and burgers. Yum!
After dinner we headed back outside where Phil tilled the garden areas and I pulled some weeds. After I was through pulling weeds I took the kids out front where we blew bubbles with a friend. Then we had baths and an early bed time.
This morning we put Piper down for a nap at 10 and headed outside again. I made some paint for the kids real quick. I love how Cami's winking{come on Aunt Jessica....try to wink lol}
While the kids painted I started on some more yard work. I love having a big yard and lots of grass and flowers, but it sure does take a lot of time to keep it nice...especially when you're OCD like me. But I do get excited over the most simple things. I saw the tilled garden and seriously had to smile. It makes me happy to see freshly tilled ground! I'm a dork.
We're going to start planting stuff tonight.
We already have pears & peaches starting to grow on our trees, but it will be a few more months before those are ready. It's fun to see them though.
Piper woke up at about 12 and the kids were starting to get hot and bored of riding bikes, so we got swim suits on and turned on the sprinkler.
Piper just ran away from the water...I don't blame her, it was a little cold.
The kids kept playing, while I kept working. They gave every one of our bikes/cars a car wash{and we have like 10}...it kept them busy for a while. Finally at about 1:30 we decided to call it a morning and go in for lunch.
Now the kids are napping and I'm taking it easy, because we'll be planting later on today and I know my back is going to be killing later. I swear it gets worse sooner with every pregnancy. That is the only thing I can complain about while pregnant...my back hurting. I try to make sure I lift things the proper way and not do "too much," but even on days where the only thing I do is laundry, it still ends up hurting. Oh well...if that's the only thing I have to complain about and I get massages from it, then I guess I'm one lucky gal!
Speaking of pregnancy...we'll be finding out the sex of the baby on June 6th! I can't believe that time is almost hear already. It's flying by so fast!
1 comment:
I feel the same way about freshly tilled/prepped soil :) So I guess I am a dork too. What are you guys planting this year? Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun things going on. Props to Phil on the surprise, he needs to have a talk with Dannon :)
Post a Comment