Tuesday, August 7, 2012

24th & Park

I know, I know...where have I been? I didn't realize it had been so long. Not too much going on around here. And honestly, I just haven't pulled out the camera to take pictures much, except for clients. On July 24th, that's Pioneer Day, Phil had the day off and we get to hangout with some family. We went to Ryan & Erica's to hangout that evening. The kids ate Popsicles, did Poppers & sparklers and then the night ended with watching a few aerial fireworks that the neighbors were lighting off.
Ryder was stomping his Poppers.
Sparklers!
Piper really wanted to hold a Sparkler and I wasn't about to just give her one, but I did help her hold one for a minute. Well, her little hand was faster than mine and grabbed a hold of it as I was trying to take away from her. She ended up burning her fingers pretty good. I felt horrible! It was at least a second degree burn and I wouldn't be surprised it part of it was third degree. She cried right when it happened but cheered up as soon as we get her a bowl of ice and some frozen water bottle sticks to play with. 
She was still smiling even though I knew it hurt.
She played with the ice for about 10-15 minutes. We let it air out after that and then put some burn cream on it that night wrapped up in some gauze. We did that for two nights. She never complained about it, but it's still trying to heal today. I still feel awful about it and it makes me sad looking at these pics. She shouldn't have any scares from it though....it's healing really nicely.
Here's the kids watching a few small aerials that were being light off behind their house.
Piper loves the trampoline and is thrilled when she gets the chance to be on it.
Last week we met some friends at the park for a spur of the moment play date. 
Piper is 15 months old now. She's getting so big! She has such a cute personality and can play by herself for a long time. She loves babies and loves to play dog or push cars around on the car. I often find her sorting things by color or eating curtain colored foods first. She usually is great in church and we never have to take her out, but last Sunday she wanted nothing to do with it and did not want to sit in class. I don't let my kids walk the halls, even at this young age, but did have to take her out a few times and sit in a classroom holding her on my lap. It made me start thinking about nursery...only about 2 more months before she gets to go!! She's still so stinkin' cute though and we love her so much!
She loves going down the slides all by herself!
Cambria was "taking a break" in the shade and I just had to get a few shots of her.
When she noticed that I was taking her picture she got all embarrassed and tried to hide the camera with her shoe. She's such a sweet girl! She's working on writing her numbers & starting addition. She really enjoys learning new things and gets sad when it's time to put things away for the day. We made a graph for the first time the other day and she loved that! We had a picture with a few different sea animals on it. We had to count how many of each animal there was and then answered a few questions like: how many more crabs are there than starfish? how many jellyfish and fish are there all together? She was so proud of her finished graph and has been asking to make another. We have also been practicing patterns and what comes next and she's enjoying that. It's been fun working with her and seeing her get so proud of herself. I'm one lucky mom to have her around!
Beautiful, blue eyed girl! 
And then there's Ryder. Oh, Ryder. He is the sweetest, cutest little guy ever! He has such a big and out going personality. I always shares and thinks of others. If he goes to the bathroom he has to come out with one less article of clothing, which results in him running around in his undies a lot of the time. He's learning his numbers really well and loves to count things out. He is all boy and loves to play fight and play army. We're still working on the playing without hurting people part. And sometimes he tries to play fight with little girls that just can't keep up like his older nephews can. For the most part he is an easy going, happy boy! But, he also knows how to be naughty and push my buttons and chooses not to hear things we say to him. It's hard to stay mad at a face like this though.
I have taken a few photos with my phone that I plan on sharing in the next few days, but these are all the photos I've taken in the last month. I guess my goal for this month will be to get the camera out!!

1 comment:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

LOve Pipers hair! Can't get over it and how big she is. And all your others! Ryder totally sounds like Landon! Won't listen but is the sweetest, then so rough! Totally, exactly the same! I wish you lived closer! the kids would have a blast since they are all the EXACT same age lol