Monday, June 15, 2009

Ryder is 2 weeks

Friday Ryder was 2 weeks old. I can't believe how fast time has been going by. I tried to do a little photo shoot on Friday, but couldn't get very many photos of Ryder by himself...big sister wanted to join him in every photo. So here is a decent one that I got of the both of them.None of the other ones that I took during the shoot turned out as good as I had hoped, so here are a few others that I took that day. Here he is chillin in his Boppy, in his crib. That's about the only place I can put him where Cambria can't get to him.
His O face, while talkin to daddy. Notice the double chin, that's about the place I had noticed him gaining weight.
Aren't little hands the cutest? I sure think so.
Monday I took Mister Ryder to the see the doctor. He weighed in at 8 pounds 10.5 ounces. That's 2 pounds more than when we left the hospital. I was really shocked, but glad to hear that all my milking was going to good use. He's now 21 inches long. His circumcision cap fell off Friday & is Umbilical cord fell off Sunday. It took long enough, geez. Doc said both healed great! Ryder enjoyed his first semi real bath Monday morning. They had to poke his heal to draw some blood. He was a trooper & didn't cry too much. Cami started crying a little when he cried & that made me want to cry, but I didn't. He is nursing great. He wakes up twice at night to feed, but when he's awake during the day he seems to think he needs to eat every hour. Phil keeps reminding me that he's a growing boy & that's so true. I'm glad he keeps telling me that though, cuz sometimes I feel like a cow. It's wonderful to be able to breastfeed & I wouldn't change it for anything. It's been fun seeing him awake a little more throughout the day. Cambria is still being a big help with everything. I am still amazed at life it's self. I couldn't have imagined for any more beautiful children. They mean so much to me. I hope I can be a good mom & give them every thing that they need to become outstanding individuals. I love this infant & toddler stage they are in, but look forward to those scary teenage years. I'm doing great...have been to church the past 2 weeks, have ventured out alone a few times, enjoyed my trip to SL last week, no longer in pain & ready to start working out next Monday. Here's to 2 wonderful weeks!!

3 comments:

Amy J said...

You do have a couple of cute kids! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Im so glad you are able to breastfeed and are enjoying it and seeing the benefits from it. yeah cross your fingers that you never get a clogged duct. i seriously felt better during labor then i do now lol

ForeverSarahLee said...

Oh my goodness. I know it's sad. But hos cute is that? Cambria cried when her little brother was hurting. She's SO cute!