Monday, July 20, 2009

This & That

We've been enjoying our summer for sure. No big trips or anything too exciting, but eventful. We've been having so much fun that it's actually been tough for me to remember to take photos. I have some photos to share, but most aren't anything too exciting. Last week we had Greg & the kids over for dinner while Amy was gone. Cambria & Danyka are starting to play with each other a lot more lately. It's fun to see their imaginations working together. I absolutely love watching little kids interact with babies. They crack me up! Bryson was getting a kick out of Ryder "beating him up."
Man, he sure is a chunk!
Thursday morning I took the kids outside to play, but it didn't last long because it was super hot! Cambria probably wouldn't have minded so much if she was playing in the water, but I had just given her a bath & didn't want to be out there for very long. This is the look she was giving me... I brought Ryder's play mat out there & he was watching the bird on top swinging back & forth. I love that he's getting more interactive & focusing on things.
Getting ready to smile. I always seem to miss capturing his full smile. I guess I get a little too anxious & don't want to miss them, but always do. Oh well.
Watching the bird & trying to figure it all out.
Friday Phil's parents left for a week in Oregon so we had the house to ourselves and planned an over niter with some friends. Chad & Aubrey were going to a concert Friday night & would be able to come up until late that night. So Phil stopped & got their daughter Jennidee after he got off work at noon & brought her home so we could watch her. The girls played outside for a while before we got ready to go to eat with Wes & Abby. When they got here we went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Cambria fell asleep in the car on the way over & I was holding her at first, but when she got too heavy we swapped her & Ryder.
Jennidee passed out shortly after we got there; while sitting in the high chair.
Chad & Aubrey got to our place around 1am. We played games & chatted until about 3am. Made breakfast the next morning. Wes & Abby left after 11am. Then the rest of us went out to lunch & did some shopping. Kid to Kid had dollar bins that we found some cute stuff in. I got a few pairs of jeans for Ryder, for a dollar...it was awesome! Everyone was gone by 5. We needed to do a little shopping before it got too late. On our way to Walmart I got a video of Cambria head banging & then pretending to scream to the music. Hillarious!
Sunday Cambria went to nursery without her Mom-Mom being there and did great! She's now 21 months. She is getting better at using the potty. She'll start to go in her diaper & then tell me "potty" & she'll finish going on the toilet. She talks non-stop. She picks up on words very quickly. Sometimes I don't ever remember telling her what something is, but she'll know it. She talks in full sentences & is pretty easy to understand. It was hard watching Jennidee(who is 2 months younger than Cami) & not knowing what she wanted cuz she doesn't talk at all or even respond to things you say to her. I forget how advanced she is until we get around other kids her age.
Sunday night around 9 we went out to water the flowers & eat a popsicle. There was almost no light left & didn't think it was possible to take any photos, but tried anyway & this is what I got.
I turned around to see Phil talking on the phone like this...
This one is kind of blurry, but in case you couldn't tell how he was holding it here's another shot.
Whatever works I guess.
I'm looking forward to being home alone with the kids all week.

2 comments:

shabbyscrapper said...

love the new look! cute blog! great pics of ryder...can't wait to print some off.

Amy Blue said...

OHHH I feel like it has been forever. Ryder is sooo big in those pics. I need to come over and get my baby fix. It's been 2 days since I have held a little baby. :)Thanks again for taking cute pics of Grady. :)