Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BBQ

Last Friday we got together with our brother & sister in law & another couple from our ward and had a BBQ. We didn't start until 7:30 & I'm glad that we did cuz it was still a little hot outside. It was nice for the kids to play outside though. Here's Cambria on the swing. While waiting for the food we ran around & played with the kids. Here's me & my nephew Calyx.
And a cheesy shot with Xander.
Silly faces with Cambria.
Trying to get a decent photo, but one of us was always looking away or being silly. I love this little girl though, she is my life!
She didn't have anyone to teeder tawder with, but she was still enjoying it.
We ate some yummy BBQ chicken & then moved on to the stuff we really wanted... s'mores! Here's a photo of Phil & Cami sitting by the fire. I still haven't figured out how to take good night time by the fire photos. If anyone has any tips for me I'd love to hear them.
It was a really fun night. We stayed up late talking & letting the kids play their hearts out. We already have another date planned in 2 weeks & next time we are each supposed to invite someone else from the ward. It'll be fun getting to know a few more couples. Thank Tawnya & Mike for getting this all started.
On Saturday we went down to The Gateway for lunch & our friends Wes & Abby ended up meeting us there. After walking around the shops we went back to their places, where Phil & Cambria enjoyed an Otter Pop.
Sunday was just the usual. Here's Cambria's messy face while eating another Popsicle.
It was a pretty relaxed weekend. Last week & this week Phil & I have been working out really hard. It's felt great, but I've been a little sore here & there. I'm just glad that we are able to go. It really does make a difference.

2 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

i know i say his all the time... but i cant get over the hair on your cute kids!

and how is your workin out going?

shabbyscrapper said...

THE FIRST PIC OF YOU AND CAMI...LOOKS LIKE SHE'S PICKING HER NOSE AND NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH THE BOOGER! WE ARE PARACTICALLY ALL MOVED IN...NOW JUST HAVE TO UNPACK. WE ARE ALREADY LOVING BEING BACK IN MESA...JUST FEELS MORE LIKE HOME! LOVE YA!