Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Food & Misc

This post is for all the random photos I've taken over the last week. On the 4th I noticed there were quit a few mushroom in the lawn...something new around here. Not much else has been going on...that's how bored I was.

 On the 5th I decided to mow the lawn for Phil because there was another storm coming in & we needed to get it done.
One night last week we made lasagna using Zucchini. The first time I tried to just slice it with a knife...too thick. So this last time I sliced it with it...
 Made perfect little strips and they cooked just right. I made it with two layers of Zucchini with 2 rows in each layer. Next time I will try it with 3 rows per layer to make the sauce to "noodle" ratio a little more even. But it tasted yummy! You can do this for any lasagna recipe you like...just use Zucchini instead of noodles. And my kids BOTH love it!!!
 Had a ton of peaches that I needed to use. Not the canning type, so I decided to skin them and slice them in half and then freeze them for Phil to use in his shakes. This was only about half of what I had.
 These are the flowers that Phil got me for my birthday. It's been about 2 weeks now and they are just starting to die. I'm going to miss having them on the kitchen table. So pretty!
 I was in charge of our wards Super Saturday this past Saturday. One of the classes was a sewing class and she taught us how to make a really simple/darling pillow. I had to set up for lunch so I wasn't able to work on it there...so I worked on it yesterday.
Used a Big Shot to cut out a bunch a flowers. Then we cut them in half.
 Then we drew a bunch of circles using lids to have a shape to follow.

 Then pined half flowers all around the circles and sewed into place.
 I ran out of flowers after 3 circles. I'll have to buy more fabric and show you when I'm done because it's going to be super cute!!
And we did Chicken Salad for dinner last night...and Cambria actually ate it & then had it for lunch today too. Yay! She's starting to be such a good eater!
I just realized there are UNDO and REDO buttons on the top left of your screen when you're writing a post. Piper is sitting next to me and deleted the chicken salad picture. I was able to get it back. In the past I would have just left it out or dealt with it. So, in case you didn't know. Next time you mess up or move something somewhere you didn't want to, just UNDO it!

2 comments:

ForeverSarahLee said...

You are too cute with all your tid-bits and info. I love it! :)

Erin said...

I love your pillow I can't wait to see it all finished - I am sorry you ran out of fabric...