Thursday we got a package in the mail from Grandma & Grandpa Packard. We told the kids they could open it after dinner.
Piper loves Spaghetti and she loves it without sauce just as much....so of course I'm going to give it to her the less messy way.
"Am I done yet?" Too excited to get to the box..."Three more BIG bites!"
Time to open it. Of course she found the bubble wrap stuff first and had to pop them.
Then they went to look at all the fun stuff in the box. They got a huge bag a candy, a movie, a book, fun dips & each got an outfit.
Thank you so much Grandma & Grandpa!!!
They wore their new outfits to our ward Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. I'm so mad at myself! I grabbed my camera out of my bag in a hurry and just snapped the pictures{of course I didn't look at any of them.} I left my ISO up too high...I do this WAY TOO MUCH! I tried to get them to look a little better, but they were pretty much just a white photo to begin with, so it was really hard.
The egg hunt wasn't successful for my kids. They were towards the end of the crowd and there were lots of kids and not many eggs. They were told to only pick up 3 eggs, but a lot of the kids picked up more than three. I think Ryder found one egg and Cami I don't think picked up any. Luckily the eggs were empty and you were supposed to take your empty eggs back to get your candy...so they really didn't need the eggs, but it would have been fun for them to get to pick some up. Afterwards they served milk and donuts.
Donut smiles!
Sunday morning Cambria was the first one up. She saw the basket on the table and wanted to wake up Ryder. Piper was still fast asleep and we just let her sleep.
The Easter bunny did a really simple Easter for our kids. Their Easter baskets are in storage again & so they just shared one. They got a big bag of candy to share, Hershey's n' Cream bunnies, bath toys, bath colors, the Muppets movie, Piper got her own snacks & the kids each got a new pair of sun glasses.
Trying on their new glasses....Perry for Ryder.
And Bratz for Cambria.
Church starts at 9, so we had to hurry and get ready and didn't have much time before hand to take good pics, but I did want to snap a few. Ryder of course only smiled for the first picture and Piper wasn't looking.
Cambria did a little dance move :)
Giving Piper kisses!
When we got home from church we ate a quick lunch and then took the kids out front to play. Phil drew on the steps...
Then we watched their new movie, ate dinner together{Pork roast, mashed potatoes, carrots & asparagus}, Skyped with my family, then it was bath & bed time. It was a little weird not being around any extended family on a Holiday, but it was a pretty good day, just being with each other.



2 comments:
This was our first year not spending it with extended family and it was different but kind of nice to have such a laid back day. Seems like your ward does a lot of fun activities. I love our ward, just wish they did more activities for the family.
PS...THE MOVIE WAS FOR YOU AND PHIL. CANDY WAS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. GOOD SKYPING WITH YA...LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS!
Post a Comment