Friday, April 13, 2012

Lazy Day

ALL day Tuesday we worked around the yard. We pulled weeds, got the leaves out of the window sills, bought more sand for the sand box, fixed the swing and got the pads on the chairs. Wednesday morning I woke up SO sore. I decided we were going to stay in our PJ's and have a lazy day. It was a little windy & chilly, but the sun was still mostly out. The kids wanted to go play out back while I got lunch ready. I walked over to the sand box with them and saw not one, but two snakes and wrapped up together. I went to grab the camera and they were just starting to take off. If you look just to the left of the wood you'll be able to see them{kind of looks like one long one.}
 I noticed one was moving backwards at that moment, but didn't think too much of it. Well, after looking back through the pictures I noticed they were trying to make a baby. Oops! Sorry guys.
 In that planter we have a few random carrots starting to grow. I've never grown carrots & have no idea where they came from, but if the kids leave them alone long enough, maybe we'll get a few carrots a little early. Anyone know how to tell when they are ready to be pulled up?
 I thought it was cute that Ryder was out there with his underwear on and no pants....shoveling the sand.
 Time for lunch!
 Piper is not only my best eater and will anything we give her, but she eats the most too! You can tell that she is loving lunch time{in her PJ's still!}



 I on the other hand was not looking forward to lunch. I had thrown up for the first time & I thought that was a little odd. I was low on iron at my last visit and started taking some iron pills. I think they are making me feel yucky though. I need to find another way to get the iron. 
 Then the kids all went out back for a little bit longer. 
 Love her smile!

 He saw a bug, said cool and admired it for about two seconds before he tried to stomp on it.

 These play helmets are so tiny and it cracks me up when the kids wear them because it always ends up squishing their nose if they pull it down all the way.


 That night the two little kids were asleep by 6:30. I had to go on RS visits at 7 and Phil said Cami fell asleep right after I left. It's tough doing nothing all day :)
Thursday was back to work. I was the host for dinner group that night. I wanted to get dinner prepped first and then pick up the house a little. Well, that turned in to deep cleaning the whole upstairs...took ALL day. I was so tired and sore again by the end of the night. It was so much fun to have all the girls over though.
Tomorrow this little beauty is going to be ONE! I can't believe it, but I'm so excited! We have a few family and friends coming over tomorrow for a little birthday party.
 Ryder got hurt today and went to the chair to cry. I just thought he looked so cute, crying and all. Love you buddy! Sorry you got hurt :(
I'm looking forward to date night tonight! Don't really have any specific plans, but there better be some good food involved!

1 comment:

shabbyscrapper said...

get your iron from fruit juice (apple and orange) and dark green veggies(broccoli, spinach, etc)! sorry you are throwing up... :{