Monday, April 16, 2012

Piper Turns ONE!

Saturday was Piper's first birthday! We had to did a little shopping and baking in the morning, before we had people arrive. We had a few of Piper's presents out in the living room & she kept going over and looking at them. This is her "you caught me" smile. 
 Wanted to get a few photos of her in her outfit before she got all messy. The kids wanted to get in on a few too.
 She grabbed one of the strings and started to pulling on it. She thought it was hilarious!
 Love her little chubby feet in sandals. I wish her nails were painted :(
 My handsome little guy, waiting for friends to show up.
 Banner I made.
 Goodies!
 She wanted me to pick her up while I was trying to take pics and was sad when I didn't. Makes me think of the song "It's my party, I'll cry if I want to."
 She decided to go to daddy to get some birthday lovin' & blow kisses.
 It was about 1:30 and nobody had shown up yet{party was at 1.} The kids had been waiting to have a cookie, so I gave in and let them have one cuz I didn't know if anyone was going to come.
 Right after that the Howell's showed up and Ryan called, saying Eric was on her way over. So we waited for them to get her and then we opened presents and had treats.
 Trying to eat the wrapping paper.
 She got a few new books & she LOVES books!
 Wanting her fishes right now!
 She got a few different snacks, 5 new books, a monkey stuffed animal, a few new outfits & PJ's, a ball, sand toys, a shapes ball & money. Being #3 and the second girl, it's hard to think of things to get her. We don't really need toys and she doesn't really need clothes, although they are fun to get. So the money works great, cuz we'll just save it for her.
Later that evening we had a few friends coming over to hangout and have dinner. We decided we'd wait and do her cake then, when there were more people there. 
 Singing "Happy Birthday" to her.
 She stole a bite of frosting while we were singing :)
 Yummy!
 She started hitting it and smashing it after a few minutes.
 Who needs hands when you can use your mouth?
 This is what it looked like when she was through. I ate a lot of it!
 I was trying to get a picture with the number one standing in the mess, but she kept grabbing it so fast and was getting mad when we would take it away.
Happy Birthday Sweet P! We love you so much! It has been such a blessing to you in our lives. You are such a mellow and happy girl! You love baths, reading books and being outside. You sleep through the night and still take two naps a day. You love food and are NOT a picky eater. You will seriously eat anything we give you and you never leave food on your tray :) Church is getting fun, ha ha. You are at that fun age where you never sit still. Luckily we have a hand full of kids your age and you just go around and share snacks and toys during sunday school and RS. I can't believe that it's been a year, but you have grown so much! We love you!!!!
Thanks again to all the family & friends that helped us celebrate her birthday! Thank you also for all the fun stuff!

1 comment:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Cant believe she is one! Happy birthday Piper!